Playing SACD files in Kodi library hosted on Mac via ethernet to Yamaha receiver
Hi guys. I rarely post questions to forums because I can usually find answers by searching, but this time, I can't find anything about this subject.

I'm using Kodi 16.1 on a mid-2011 iMac running the latest beta of El Capitan. I only use Kodi to host my music files over wired ethernet to my Airport Extreme to my Yamaha RX-v677 receiver. I am able to play FLAC and ALAC and many other formats directly on my Yamaha by selecting "Server" on the Yamaha's input, then I use the onscreen controls on my TV from the Yamaha to navigate and play files from my Kodi library located on my Mac.

The Yamaha can play DSD, but there isn't much in the manual about it. I can see the names of DSF files when browsing the Kodi library on my TV, but those titles are greyed out and unplayable. DFF don't show up at all.

I can play those files on my iMac in Kodi itself, but I can't stream that audio to the Yamaha because my optical out doesn't seem to be working. ( I gave up on that.)

Thanks in advance!

Mud
Your forgot your question i think.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry, I guess I was babbling on a bit.

How can I play DFF files on my Yamaha receiver from Kodi via a wired ethernet connection? Is that possible?
i don't think the Problem is in Kodi at all when all it does is serving the files in your use case. Sounds more like a thing on the amp don't you think?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I was leaning that way too, but I thought maybe another Kodi user with a similar setupran into this issue and had it figured out.
Turns out the Yamaha RX-V679 supports DSD over a network, but my RX-V677 does not, which is why I was able to listen to FLAC, ALAC and AAC just fine but not DSF or DFF files.

Sorry for the stupid.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing SACD files in Kodi library hosted on Mac via ethernet to Yamaha receiver0