Req Make number of cached directory configurable
Hello,

I refer to my thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2281269

In short: I have a smb share configured in Kodi with daily changing content. Starting with Kodi 16, which includes this PR 8288, almost every time I access that share, I get an outdated file list with already deleted files and new ones missing.

I understand the motivation behind the PR. But in my case, it drives me crazy ;-)

Therefore I request to add a feature, that makes the directory cache size configurable (or to disable directory caching at all) via advancedsettings.xml or something similar.

Thank you in advance!

Casper
Doesn't it refresh when you go up a directory and then go back in? That's what I do with my "misc downloads" folder that is on an SMB share.

Edit: I think there is an actionID (wiki) that can refresh listings? If so, a remote button or skin button could also force the listings to be refreshed.
(2016-03-19, 17:52)Ned Scott Wrote: Doesn't it refresh when you go up a directory and then go back in? That's what I do with my "misc downloads" folder that is on an SMB share.

Sometimes, but not always. I haven't found a reliable solution that works every time yet.

(2016-03-19, 17:52)Ned Scott Wrote: Edit: I think there is an actionID (wiki) that can refresh listings? If so, a remote button or skin button could also force the listings to be refreshed.

That could also be a workaround. But having the option to disable it at all or setting cache size to a low number would be much more comfortable.

BTW: That also applies to Addon shortcuts on the home screen: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/14461

Starting with Kodi 16, when accessing my addon from the home screen, the video list is almost never updated. In Kodi < 16, that happened too, but by far not so often.

I guess it also depends on the environment. If you have a large number of directorys, then you probably don't run into such problems very often.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make number of cached directory configurable1