Give User Info On Audio Output When Transcoding
Kodi has no problem telling the user what it is DECODING, right now I'm watching something with FLAC 2.0 audio and Kodi can even tell me that it's 48000hz, stereo, and 24fit, but I have transcoding enabled too. I have a 'dumb' soundbar which gives minimal user feedback, including not telling the user if it's ingesting PCM, AC-3 or Dolby Digital. I use transcoding as it doens't support PCM above two channels. Kodi also gives no real information to the user. From the way it SHOULD work, I can PRESUME that it's transcoding the FLAC 2.0 24bit stream to LPCM 2.0 16bit but I can't tell if it actually us. So I was wondering if it would be possible to have Kodi not just inform the user of what it is DECODING but also what it is TRANSCODING to? Smile
In your case it shouldn't be transcoding, but only decoding. Doesn't make much sense to transcode stereo.
(2016-03-21, 17:33)wsnipex Wrote: In your case it shouldn't be transcoding, but only decoding. Doesn't make much sense to transcode stereo.

Okay, the particular file I happened to be watching may not have been the best example, but I do have plenty of content with FLAC, AAC, DTS-MA or True HD that would need to be transcoded. In addition to this, I find it a bit funny that even though it's transcoding, Kodi affords the user usage of Kodi's volume control, even though if one is using transcoding for bitstreaming over TOSLINK, they'd likely not want to change the volume.
What platform/device are we talking about here?
(2016-03-22, 02:48)wesk05 Wrote: What platform/device are we talking about here?

In my case, Windows, but couldn't this be useful for transcoding on ANY platform?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Give User Info On Audio Output When Transcoding0