Video setting on firestick
I made my own build on PC, then i restored the build to Amazon firestick tv using adbfire.
I have found that video setting do not change no matter what i choose, they are always stretched to 16.9 even in normal mode.
Anyone have a clue as to why and how i can fix it so i can use the options.
I prefer wide screen movies not to be stretched where the top and bottom black borders are removed.
System>Video>Playback : Display 4:3 videos as Normal ?
Thread moved to Android
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
My FireTV stick did this when i had the Hardware Acceleration setup wrong, but only for certain codecs. Does this happen with any Codec or just a few?
(2016-03-21, 05:11)cd2022 Wrote: System>Video>Playback : Display 4:3 videos as Normal ?

Checked and it is set to normal, tried changing it and it was still the same, changed it back to defaults just incase the xml file was screwed forcing it to rewrite the xml file and the errors still happening.
(2016-03-21, 10:33)Sionzris Wrote: My FireTV stick did this when i had the Hardware Acceleration setup wrong, but only for certain codecs. Does this happen with any Codec or just a few?

I have no clue what you mean, i am pretty new to this, only started using kodi few months ago but already built own wizard, repo and build.
Bought Amazon stick last month and only just started playing around with it 2 weeks ago.
I found updating the build time consuming as its only for me and used adbfire to restore the build i created on pc to amazon stick, it works perfectly, just does not allow me to alter view mode.
I have no idea what codec you are referring to as i assumbed it was all part of the Amazon firestick hardware.
I know i can change the divx in windows version but no mention of any codec i can find on firestick.
Thanks for your help guys, the problem has fixed itself.
I went into system and went through every option and told it to reset to default even though id never touched any of them or non of them look like they changed after pressing reset to default.
By doing this i can only assume that what ever was causing the fault was corrected in the user xml.
I did clear chache and packages but id done this before and it had no effect but i did do it after id reset all settings to default.
I then tested a vid i knew was 4:3 and it played in 4:3, went to view mode and tried 16:9 and it worked.

Again, thank you for replying to this post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video setting on firestick0