KODI 17 - most user friendly?
Sorry for my poor English, I'm a french guy....

Kodi Is Fun but not User friendly when you have many movies/tv show/etc....
Actually I have more than 20To of tv Show/Movies. without customization, KODI is hell to use. but customisation is only for one player. I Have 12 devices who can read TV Shows/movies.......
Actually I Use Plex for TV Show and Kodi for movies. But I love KODI. On my xbox, i use xbmc . My children watch cartoons with...

the real problems just in my opinion is unable to split the video into several basic part. So the video section should disappear in favor of a customized module for that.

.Skin Customization.

On Kodi, you have now "skin settings"

So why not put in the custom module with create menu/submenu items.
And the media sources use the menu items (default and create) and not only videos,music, pictures.

With this solution, you can see your customization on the web interface because all settings are in database not on flat files and use the standard kodi skin.
if you have multi users, a screen with allow/denied by menu/submenu items is necessary

.Library Update
when you scan for new files kodi update library with new data and If files are missing, only hidden on display
when you clean the library, kodi remove data

If a network share is not available you cant access at the files and you dont see it on the interface.

. Display All Files on media sources

When you create a media source, you assign a scrapper. But if this one return no data, you dont see the file/directory.
Why not put a "no data" logo to inform the user that there is worries but allow the reading of it?

.USB Drive.
For me a USB drive is a temporary drive and can be use on différents Kodi Player.
So why not create on the USB Drive a small database with the information provider and the media source settings.

When plug in, a USBx appear on start screen with all information. When remove, the USBx disappears.
Very interesting when one is traveling with friends to watch a movie all together. it is not lost in the video library

. Remote Control
You can launch directly anything from the web interface but not by the Kore app.(music, TV Show, Movies)
Would not it be better to just see the customized boot menu and navigate until the series / movies / music to launch directly rather than being a simple remote control cursor?

.Link Multiple Kodi Player
Create in settings a multiple Kodi Player menu.
On IT the name ou mysqdl server
The Name Of MySQL Database
auto set the other Kodi player (copy custo, database access, multi users, etc..)
You should try a skin with more customization features like Aeon MQ6 or Aeon Nox. There are many others too. You can create custom video nodes to separate your videos, such as for children's content.

You can also create user profiles that have different home screen setups.

There are other remote apps available, such as Constellation, that allow you to do what you're asking. You can also swap the default web-interface for a better one, such as Chorus. (Or Chorus2 if you want to grab it from github.)

For your USB issue you could just make sure all your content has an associated .nfo file and it will rescan rather quickly when you reconnect. You can accomplish this by exporting your library as separate files and the necessary files will be created.
(2016-03-24, 22:18)desepticon Wrote: You should try a skin with more customization features like Aeon MQ6 or Aeon Nox. There are many others too. You can create custom video nodes to separate your videos, such as for children's content.

You can also create user profiles that have different home screen setups.

There are other remote apps available, such as Constellation, that allow you to do what you're asking. You can also swap the default web-interface for a better one, such as Chorus. (Or Chorus2 if you want to grab it from github.)

For your USB issue you could just make sure all your content has an associated .nfo file and it will rescan rather quickly when you reconnect. You can accomplish this by exporting your library as separate files and the necessary files will be created.

yes you can but its not user friendly
If you want user friendly, use Plex. Custom video nodes can be easily created there. Their mobile app is very feature rich. I think of Kodi more as hacker software for enthusiasts who want maximum customization. I myself run both flawlessly. Trakt integration keeps watched states in sync.
(2016-03-25, 02:48)Ballyant Wrote: yes you can but its not user friendly

Says who? It is user friendly if you try.

Fais un peu d'effort, quand meme! Qu'est ce que tu veux mon vieux? C'est gratuit, non?
(2016-03-25, 19:59)Tavernier62 Wrote:
(2016-03-25, 02:48)Ballyant Wrote: yes you can but its not user friendly

Says who? It is user friendly if you try.

Fais un peu d'effort, quand meme! Qu'est ce que tu veux mon vieux? C'est gratuit, non?

I don't say Kodi is bad. I say, it's fun but not user friendly.
When I speak with other people who would like a media center and are not a geek, all says, it's good but too difficult.

See Apple. Why user says it's good? Because it's simple and logical.

And why, on the pretext that current users are geeks that we can't do simple?
Once again, I express my opinion and hope to contribute to the improvement of kodi.
(2016-03-25, 18:56)desepticon Wrote: If you want user friendly, use Plex. Custom video nodes can be easily created there. Their mobile app is very feature rich. I think of Kodi more as hacker software for enthusiasts who want maximum customization. I myself run both flawlessly. Trakt integration keeps watched states in sync.

Yes Plex is really good for that and I use it for my TV Show database and KODI for my HD movies. but in the future, my dream is one application for all. and Plex have a high CPU usage when you have multiple acces (me, my wife, 3 children) and 12 devices....

Thats why if i possible, a kodi with the plex node video and customization...... my dream.

10 years later ......
I dreamed it, Kodi did it.......
Quote:See Apple. Why user says it's good? Because it's simple and logical.

Don't forget overpriced as well...
And not that popular either... OS market share

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 17 - most user friendly?0