[WIKI] General Section updates
I am working on this section of the manual :
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...Navigation
And need your input on the following:

View
1) Icon sizes for the different views.
2) What views to include, only common views to all subsections or highlights?

Sort by
1) Name / File. Shouldn't it be the other way around? (docs are according to the program's workings).
2) "Sort by: File" Sorts a mixture of archives and files interestingly to say the least (no logic I can see, zips get sorted somewhere in the middle amongst files), feature or bug?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi sho,

The view sizes are completely up to the skinner. Perhaps it would be best to simply state "Icons" shows quite a few icons, "Big Icons" shows a smaller number that are larger, and "Wide Icons" is useful for those that have obtained wide icons from various other sources (and link to where you can get them from?)?

Sort by is completely determined by where you are. The methods work exactly as you have described, but there is also Sort by: Date, Sort by: Size, and ofcourse a whole bunch more in the library modes.

Also, it would be very advantageous to mention the Ascending/Descending arrow here - many people overlook it!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Hi sho,

The view sizes are completely up to the skinner. Perhaps it would be best to simply state "Icons" shows quite a few icons, "Big Icons" shows a smaller number that are larger, and "Wide Icons" is useful for those that have obtained wide icons from various other sources (and link to where you can get them from?)?
OK, but the manual specifies that it is written with the default PMIII skin in mind.
jmarshall Wrote:Sort by is completely determined by where you are. The methods work exactly as you have described, but there is also Sort by: Date, Sort by: Size, and ofcourse a whole bunch more in the library modes.
Yes, meant to add that, what about file vs. name... and the zip issue?
(I sincerely fail to see the logic behind the file/name options)

jmarshall Wrote:Also, it would be very advantageous to mention the Ascending/Descending arrow here - many people overlook it!
I could have sworn I put it in there... yup. Maybe I should make it more prominent.
Sort by file sorts without care for the type of file/folder, so they'll be listed in alphabetical order no matter what.

Sort by name sorts folders (and "file folders" such as .zip) separately from files. Perhaps the string used should be changed - I have no opinion one way or the other on that front Wink

For icon sizing, it depends on resolution - the widescreen modes have more than the non-widescreen modes I believe.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:Sort by file sorts without care for the type of file/folder, so they'll be listed in alphabetical order no matter what.
Please try sorting a mixture of files and zips.
I got interesting results to say the least. (The zips were all bundled in the middle of the listing !?!)
Ah, that'll be because it uses the zip:// protocol for .zip's, and therefore the current GetFileName() stuff won't work.

Have fixed it so it passes them through the URL processing stuff first in revision 9161.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIKI] General Section updates0