Movie Info during play with End Time also.
Hi There.

I'd like to suggest a small feature..
When user is watching a movie, info bar holds all the info from IMDB if queryed.

Infos are like genre, time now, remaining and ofcource running time.
Can there be also time next to "Real Time Now" that is the Real Clock when the movie ends.

... 15:30 (16:54)

Smile
Kids today with their crappy math skills Sad

:p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Smile Well, I must admit, My math has seen better skills .. Smile This feature would be nice to have. It's easy to see the real time when the movies will end. but, if movie is paused or rew/ff, time has to be calculated again. :O
Hello There.
have this suggestion got wings to fly? Smile
Dear Team.
The more I watch movies with mc the more I realize that the RealTimeDisplay when the movie is about to end is really needed feature...

I presume that the implemantation of this could be quite fast and simple, so why not just do it?

Is the infobar's objects configured in XML or must sourceCode be tampered with?
The sourcecode must be tampered with.

See GUIInfoManager.cpp for where the remaining time is returned.

Adding that to the get time function should give you what you want.

I'm sure a patch will be welcome. Sometimes you just have to do it yourself if you really want something.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Exclamation 
realjobe Wrote:I presume that the implemantation of this could be quite fast and simple, so why not just do it?
Comments like that is going to make the devs even less likely to spend time on your suggestion

From the FAQ:
Quote:QUESTION: When will this and that feature or function be supported by XBMC?
ANSWER: Tomorrow, in a year, never... who knows! XBMC is a non-profit hobby project that is only developed by volunteers in their spare-time for free, none of us get paid to develop new features/functions/formats/codecs for XBMC meaning we foremost prioritize the things we ourselves what to see and use in XBMC. You as an end-user who do not yourself contribute source code patches to the XBMC project have no rights to demand new things to be implemented and get no garantees that some specific thing will be prioritized before something else, you may however suggest/request for things and if you ask nicely then maybe someday a developer might like your idea and implement the thing you asked for. We do appriciate your ideas, opinions and feedback if they are presented in a good way, so it is possible to lobby for something specific, just don't be a jerk about it, arrogant and 'pushy' people will most likely just be ignored (or even banned if they step over the line which we consider to be acceptable). Known that almost all users think their own ideas is the most important, and a very common comment is: "if you only add these features then XBMC will be perfect for me". If you can not accept the possibility that your thing might never make it into XBMC then you just have to bite the bullit and learn how to program C/C++ to be able to code it yourself, (see the "Appendix D: Development Notes" section of this manual).
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but would this not be the correct code? I don't have a dev. environment setup currently so I cannot test any of this, but by looking at the source files it looks like the needed lines would be...

Code:
else if (strTest.Equals("player.endtime")) ret = PLAYER_END_TIME;

case PLAYER_END_TIME:
  strLabel = GetTime() + GetCurrentPlayTimeRemaining();
  break;
Not quite. You're adding strings there, not adding the times.

You can probably add times via the CDateTime class.

hmm... sounds kinda intresting quest..
so, what Do I need in order to setup a dev env?
I have .net 2005. Smile
Either grab the directx sdk and play with XBMC_PC, or install the necessary SDL/OpenGL libs and play with the linux port.

Using the directx sdk is probably the easiest route. Just crank up the solution in tools/Win32.

Nerd rather than just scrw-around I'd like to buildUp a dev environment fo the sorcecode of the XBMC. I'm a Symbian coder you know for 5 yars now...
maybe I would like to tribute / debug myself a bit this unique piece of app..

So,
- Where the sources,
- IDE is .Net 2005?
- are there ready-to-deploy solutions for IDE?

Huh
Sources are in SVN.

Solution files are in SVN.

Ideally you'd use visual studio 2003, but XBMC_PC should build in 2005. For Win32 stuff you'll need the directx SDK.

Alternatively, build using the linuxport which requires a Ubuntu Feisty setup (there's a VMWare image on this forum with everything you need - a quick search will bring it up). All build instructions are in SVN. It won't run fantastically within the VM, but it's everything you need in a one stop download.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc

for the sources etc.

See the online manual for more info on building for linux.

Cheers,
Jonathan

You guys really need to learn to code faster. Try rev 9662 :p

jmarshall Wrote:You guys really need to learn to code faster. Try rev 9662 :p

Big Grin I saw the changeLog for "rev9662 build" and
"Player.FinishTime (which can also use this feature)".

I presume this new method is for this issue I'm raving about? I havn't tested this yet..
If this is the solution for this "problem" I bow deeply and shout "THANK YOU VERY MUCH!"

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Info during play with End Time also.0