Help to upgrade from 15.2 to 16 through a repo/app ?
Ok so I have a RPi2.... Ive got 15.2 Kodi on it w./ Openelec.

I dont wanna reinstall all repos/apps etc....

Is there a REPO and a Program(app) I can D and run to upgrade 16.0 over my 15.2 and keep most instact (repos/apps installed/settings etc...)

Ive searched and searched and cant find anything...

any help would be appreciated..

again I dont wanna install 16 NEW/FRESH would like to install/"UPDATE" to 16 over top of 15.2..
Any help or a link would be greatly appreciated ! thanks again.
Search the forum for Jdiesel post. He showed a way that works and kodi settings stay the same.
thanks stanley... I found and read the post to complicated for me I guess all the linux prompt stuff, I figured there might be a repo that I could run a program to do it... guess not ;( Ive got SSH but that is about it..;(
http://openelec.tv/get-openelec

Download the bata and put it into /storage/.update
Reboot openelec
Or look at Leopold's updater add-on .

But as @Av3nged says, the simplest way is to download the update tar file and drop it into the .update folder. You'll keep all your settings etc that way.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sorry,I thought you were using it on Jessie..not stand alone.
PS osmc is as good as openelec and uses v16 and the windows installer is tidy. They look and behave the same for me,I've tried both,can't see difference between V15 and V16

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help to upgrade from 15.2 to 16 through a repo/app ?0