• 3(current)
VMware Virtual Machine Development Enviroment for XBMC Linux porting effort
yuvalt Wrote:So, is everything ok now? if the problem persists please elaborate

I apologize, after installing g++ everything ran ok.
That new version should correct the problems I had, because that's essentially what I did after looking over README.linux. I got it to compile and run, but all I had was a blank (black) window. I configured it for non-GL.

I didn't play with it much after that as I figured I would waste my time on getting it to run on my desktop instead so I can OpenGL goodness. Smile
BTW... all I did in the new version was to use apt-get to install a few packages.

If you already have the older version of the VM, just run apt-get like I did... no need to redownload via the torrent.
Any on else get this error on the latest vmware torrent?

C:\My Virtual Machines\xbmcdev-1.1\xbmcdev-1.1.zip: CRC failed in xbmcdev-1.1\xbmcdev-s004.vmdk. The file is corrupt
Jack.D Wrote:Any on else get this error on the latest vmware torrent?

C:\My Virtual Machines\xbmcdev-1.1\xbmcdev-1.1.zip: CRC failed in xbmcdev-1.1\xbmcdev-s004.vmdk. The file is corrupt

Was able to "extract ignoring errors", But although i got to login screen when i put in user / pass it crashed on me with some kind off file system error Sad

Can any one else confirm what i`ve found??

If so any chance of just uploading xbmcdev-s004.vmdk please tssgery, Should be 185mb when rared up.

Jack.D
Jack.D Wrote:Any on else get this error on the latest vmware torrent?

Hmmm... I'm seeing it as well, on a copy I pulled from the torrent. I suspect that VMware will be able to read the vmdk file fine. Canyou give it a shot and let me know?
ok, I'll put the vmdk file on a server and provide a link. give me a few minutes...
tssgery Wrote:ok, I'll put the vmdk file on a server and provide a link. give me a few minutes...

http://www.aceshome.com/xbmcdev-s004.vmdk.rar

Just overlay the vmdk file in the torrent with this copy.

Let me know if there are any problems. I'll be spinning a version 1.2 with the zip corruption fixed later today.
version 1.2 is on linuxtracker...

http://linuxtracker.org/torrents-details.php?id=4310
Thx tssgery, i did try it in vmware & it did load ok until i got to login screen on unbuntu then it crashed.
Grabbin rar file now thx .
mirror updated with v1.2

100mbit .se Adamo (RIXTELECOM/PORT80)
http://www.ravers.se/xbmcdev-1.2.zip
I tried downloading your v1.2 image, and whatever you uploaded is not complete. Unzipping of the archive fails. Winzip in windows says the file is incomplete. Unrar and Xarchiver on *nix state that the file is broken as well.
decepticon Wrote:I tried downloading your v1.2 image, and whatever you uploaded is not complete. Unzipping of the archive fails. Winzip in windows says the file is incomplete. Unrar and Xarchiver on *nix state that the file is broken as well.

You tried from the direct link posted above or from the torrent on linuxtracker?

What's the filesize of what you downloaded?
I grabbed it from the direct link. File size is 606.7 MB. This is the error I receive from xarchiver:

[/home/blah/Desktop/xbmcdev-1.2(2).zip]
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/blah/Desktop/xbmcdev-1.2(2).zip or
/home/rsjohns/Desktop/xbmcdev-1.2(2).zip.zip, and cannot find /home/blah/Desktop/xbmcdev-1.2(2).zip.ZIP, period.
decepticon Wrote:I grabbed it from the direct link. File size is 606.7 MB. This is the error I receive from xarchiver:

[/home/blah/Desktop/xbmcdev-1.2(2).zip]
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/blah/Desktop/xbmcdev-1.2(2).zip or
/home/rsjohns/Desktop/xbmcdev-1.2(2).zip.zip, and cannot find /home/blah/Desktop/xbmcdev-1.2(2).zip.ZIP, period.

Well, I didn't put that direct link copy out there, _max_ will have to verify the file size of what he has mirrored.

The xbmcdev-1.2.zip file is actually 1,196,398,537 bytes in size so you definately don't have the whole thing.

Maybe your download ran out of disk space? stopped midway though? Other?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VMware Virtual Machine Development Enviroment for XBMC Linux porting effort1