2 questions (newest release and script support)
i recently found out that xbmc supoorts the use of python. this of course was great news to me. however i downloaded the hangman script just to see if it would run in my current version and alas it does not.

my first question is then what version of xbmc do i need to run python scripts? also where can i find this version?

my second question would naturally be do the developers ever plan to add perl support in xbmc? this would add an enormous functionality curve to the project. i know that anything that can be done in perl can also be accomplished in python but some folks only know one or the other and since perl is still the most widely used scripting language out there it would be avaluable addition to the xbmc project in my opinion.
python support is part of xbmc for months, so any recent build should do the job. all you have to do to activate python support is to unrar the python.rar into your xbmc install directory.

i doubt there will be pers support soon. none of our devs plans to code it but if you know someone able to port it to xbmc and willing to do it, go ahead. we apraciate every help. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 questions (newest release and script support)0