Clear Cache option button?
Is there any way to set up something to clear X:\, Y:\, Z:\ and E:\Cache- Like a app or a bookmark? Anyone know of anything?
No, but I agree that it would be nice option to have somewhere under XBMC settings as it often fix issues with launching some games/apps/emulators (and this is not just a poblem in XBMC, it has been like this forever, even back in the days when EvoX was the only alternative dashboard available).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i second this .. would be pretty handy ..
I know it's not an xbmc issue... I recall that one of the other dashes had a clear cache button or a way to set one, I thing unleashx if I'm not mistaken.

Would be great if it appeared someday.

Thanx!
I found this in my old evox.ini don't know if it of any use though.

Quote:[Action_90]

Info "Clear Disk Caches?"

Progress "Clearing Caches..."

copy "e:\CACHEMASTER\" "e:\"

rename "e:\CACHE" "e:\UDATA\f000002d\CACHE"

Format x:

Format y:

Format z:
it would work fine minus the e drive references.. then you just hotlink it to your favorites file like so...

<favourite name="Clear Cache" thumb="whatever-you-choose">RunXBE(E:\APPS\EVOX)</favourite>

Evox menu (evox.ini)

[Menu]

Section "Root"
{
Item "Reboot",ID_Quick_Reboot
Item "Format Cache Drives",@210

}

[Action_10]

Info "Format Cache Drives"
Warning "This will Erase Cache Drives"
Progress "Formatting Cache"
#
# This will format x:, Y: and Z:
#
Format x:
Format y:
format z:
Ignore typos and case sensatives... I was doing this from memory lol
(favorites link should contain actual xbe name at end of path).
also take note... you could add reboot at the bottom of the format commands so on complete it would return to your primary dash... with evox as versatile as it is, you dont need anything but the xbe and the ini file in a folder for it to function.
Smile 
Hello,

I'm new here but was wanting to know, could there be an addon to clear the cache? I see many posts and have had issues where it involved having to clear the cache...It would be nice to have a one touch button that cleared all cache and all temp folders instead of having to hunt them down and clear it manually...Either have it clear on shutdown or one touch button would be nice...
Lightbulb 
B4tm4n Wrote:I found this in my old evox.ini don't know if it of any use though.
Yeah the directories we usually ask poeple with wierd/unknown problems to clear are these:

Code:
E:\Cache\
E:\UDATA\0face008\
E:\TDATA\0face008\
X:\
Y:\
Z:\

but I think it would be good to have a button somewhere under the settings menu that would format X:, Y, and X: then delete all files and folders under E:\Cache\, E:\UDATA\0face008\, and E:\TDATA\0face008\
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
DONT CLEAR E:\UDATA and E:\TDATA you'll loose all your save games
Exclamation 
spiff Wrote:DONT CLEAR E:\UDATA and E:\TDATA you'll loose all your save games
Sorry, my bad. I meant E:\UDATA\0face008\ and E:\TDATA\0face008\
sorry to bump this old thread, but has anybody made this yet? it would be very useful to have at times. i have tried to manually enable x y and z drives to show up using advancedsettings.xml so i can clear them in xbmc, but it does not work for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clear Cache option button?0