xbmcscripts.com is down, are all of the scripts available anywhere else?
Hi,

I have contacted the admin - awaiting reply, so not much more I can do, sorry.

Borick:

Only the original uploaders of a script may update the listing directly. If you want to update a script that you haven't originally uploaded please submit it as a new script.
xbmcscripts.com administrator
Is there any major reason why xbmcscripts couldn't be hosted on xbmc.org ?
or mirrored somewhere else w/ a more reliable server
xbmcscripts.com is going to get hosted on xbmc.org, this will be added (hopefully) in atlantis..

if xbmcscripts.com is down after tuesday i will mirror it on xbmc.org until things are solved.
thats awesome. its just kind of funny that in this day and age with technology and uptimes the way they are, that a server stays down for several days
that server hosting is the crappiest ever, but since there is a new installer in the works, feels like there is no need to mess with changing host and such..
It's up again, but the server should be changed I agree. I'm insanely busy right now, so I guess it'll wait a little while longer as the new installer is in the works.
...and down again, no ?
tabazco Wrote:...and down again, no ?

Yep. I have notified the server owner so hopefully it will be up soon.
The site is down for me,
I really think that it would behoove us to look into options other than just relying on a single server to host the scripts.
Exclamation 
Yes, I think it has been down for almost 1 week, I miss it! They really did a great job, but it seems the server they use is not reliable.
For the one who look for script here are few other sources you probably already know:
  • xbmczone.com
  • Voinage plugins
  • Coolblaze
  • Download section of passion-XBMC, descriptions are in French but script and plugin are international.
  • And a new script "Installer passion", pretty similar to xbmc script, but also provide plugins, skins, scrapers in addition of scripts. The installer offers more scripts and plugins than the download section since in it on a separate server.
    It is still in development (beta4 has been release), the GUI is still in French but we are currently working to support more language.
    You can get it HERE

I hope it helps, hopefully XBMC script will be back soon! Big Grin

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

xbmcscripts will be back.. besides that I am in the progress of moving all the scripts to xbmc.org instead, since xbmcscripts.com is messy.

But real life is holding me back, have a stubborn liver infectection that makes me really tired, so besides work and my family I dont have to much energy to do so much on that, but have patience.. things are going to improve.
Ok, server's been up for some days, but seeing as xbmcscripts was the reason it got shut down xbmcscripts is currently disabled. The reason for this is my lack of time to maintain the site, so the security holes in mambo/docman haven't been patched. It got hacked again and used for phishing last week so the company pulled the plug. $50 down the drain for me to get the server back up, but oh well Smile

I am not sure what will happen next, I will discuss with blittan what we'll do. I got 4 exams in the coming 2 weeks so I can't prioritize the site now, but hopefully I will find time to update it. Updating it isn't as easy as it sounds though, as the site is somewhat modified. I am terribly sorry for this, but please have some understanding that things run on a hobby-basis can't necessarily be perfect. Thanks for caring about the site Smile
Thanks for the work you've put into xbmcscripts. Sucks it was hacked, but yea, exams do seem a little bit more important Smile I can definately understand the hobby basis website stuff. I do that myself, too. Can't wait for either xbmcscripts.com to return or xbmc.org to be implemented as far as script hosting goes.

@EnderW: Good luck on your tests!!
@blittan: Hope you feel better soon!!
@blittan & EnderW, I've offered to help with coding the backend of the "new" site before, and my offer still stands. Please email me if you need anything to help keep the ball rolling.

My PHP skills aren't great, but they exist, and I know how to google solutions.

I don't know exactly what all is planned for the new addons center, but I have some ideas if you guys want to get a discussion going.

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat as you two, my work schedule is very demanding and I have a 2-year-old I like to spend time with, but maybe between the 3 of us we can get something done at a reasonable speed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcscripts.com is down, are all of the scripts available anywhere else?1