• 45(current)
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
I'm a total noob at this but I'm almost there (mostly by trial and error).  I'm running Tvheadend 4.2.5 on LibreElec 8.2.113.  The problem is Zap2epg appears to be populating the OTA channel information based on my zip code instead of the channels in Tvheadend.  The problem with this is I get more channels than what Zap2it thinks I should receive based on my zip code so I'm missing the EPG data for those channels.  If I open the Configure Channel List it doesn't show all the channels I have in Tvheadend.  The channel list is consistent with what I see if I enter my zip code in the Zap2it website.  If I download a new channel list I still get the same channels.  I've tried reinstalling Zap2epg and got the same results.  Am I doing something wrong?  
Thanks
If you are between markets and receive more channels than your ZIP code is showing - try using a ZIP code from an area more in between the two markets (closer to the channels you aren't seeing right now)

When you find a zip that works on the zap2it site (showing all channels you need) change your location in zap2epg and download a new channel list.

That should solve your problem.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
OK, I'll give that a try.  Was I misunderstanding that Zap2epg would pull the guide data based on the channels that Tvheadend has collected?  Or does it pull a sub-set of the channels found on Tvheadend if fewer channels are found based on my zip code?  

Great program by the way!
If you have the option enable, zap2epg will only download the data for channels that you have setup in tvheadend (automatically creates your channel list) - but it is for channels within the zipcode that you have setup as your location.  The original guide data is stored on the zap server by groups of zipcodes and I haven't built zap2epg to download more than one zipcode data set.

The in-between zipcode should hopefully solve your issue.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
For some reason I dont see the local channels for my zip code in zap2epg, but they do appear in the zap2it web interface.  It's not really a show-stopper though, since I use TV Headend and the EPG data for OTA channels is embedded in the ATSC data stream anyway.  But I do need EPG data for a couple of IPTV channels that happen to be in the satellite database, and I am stuck on this because it appears that zap2epg saves the XML file in a hidden path that I cannot browse to from any Kodi add-on in LibreELEC.  So I cant use the XML file with TV Headend or TVG Fullscreen.
The xmltv.xml file is saved to the userdata/addon_data/scripts.module.zap2epg folder.  You should be able to use the info on the link below to add help get to that folder:

https://kodiforu.com/kodi-userdata-folder/

BTW - if you have the tvheadend options enabled in zap2epg - you may have accidentally made a channel list that didn't have any of your channels in it.
edit4ever Wrote:The xmltv.xml file is saved to the userdata/addon_data/scripts.module.zap2epg folder.  You should be able to use the info on the link below
Thank you, that did save me some time and trouble. But there needs to a be long term solution, for example:

1) Change this hidden file setting programmatically on the user's behalf
2) During zap2epg setup, take the user to the settings page where they can manually change it
3) Store the XML file in the Home folder where it is visible
4) Have Kodi establish a standard path to the default EPG XML file so any TV guide add-on can find the file automatically without prompting the user
Quote:BTW - if you have the tvheadend options enabled in zap2epg - you may have accidentally made a channel list that didn't have any of your channels in it.
1.  The path /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.zap2epg/xmltv.xml contains only the data I wanted (for the 10 channels I chose in zap2epg configuration) but when I choose this file in TV Guide Fullscreen configuration, I see hundreds of channels instead. So Kodi is evidently ignoring my choices and pulling data from a different location than the one specified.  I was able to correct this in the TV Guide add-on (from the official repo) by changing the XML source path to a blank URL and then changing it back to the zap2epg XML file. But that did not work for TV Guide Fullscreen.  How can I fix this? [update: found a way to reset it]

2.  If Kodi add-ons dont respect my choices in the add-on configuration panel, this implies that Kodi is caching tons of unwanted data somewhere for no good reason. Is there a hidden setting in Kodi I can change to stop this? And why isn't that regarded as a bug?  (Contrast this with Mac OS where any setting you change is done immediately without pressing "save" and the settings shown always match what the OS is actually doing.)

3.  I noticed that Zap2it and Titan TV both support user accounts with custom channel lineups saved in the cloud.  Maybe that could help to address this problem of losing favorite channels in zap2epg configuration?

4.  Zap2it is missing many channel logos.  It might be better to get them from one of the other sources referenced here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2716463

5.  There is a discrepancy between the channel lineup shown by the zap2it web site and the lineup for the same service in zap2epg, for example:

Dish lineup shown by api-origin.zap2it.com (channels 1 to 100) - 71,72,73,81,82,83,84,85,86,94,95,99,100
Dish lineup shown by zap2epg (channels 1 to 100) - 72,99,100

(many channels are missing and not available for selection in zap2epg)
Realized it's been a while and just wanted to say "Hi!" and that zap2epg has been running just fine. Finally getting to upgrading the chassis and P/S setup to stabilize the power source, so the system is inactive at the moment. Should have it back up and running in a few days (assuming no unexpected glitches Sad

BTW - Any updates coming along?

Hope all is well....Cheers.....
I've been running Zap2epg on a LibreELEC box and it's been running great.  I recently purchased a Shield; and installed Kodi and sideloaded the Tvheadend app by Boke (rbtcordell).  I installed Zap2epg and it works but needs to be triggered manually in Kodi (this is the way it currently works with his app).  Is there an easy way to get it to run automatically on a schedule?  
Thanks
@RKCRLR How are you going to use tvheadend on the shield?  Are you connecting a tuner directly to the shield, or are you getting the stream from the LE box?  It is possible to just have kodi on the shield look for the xmltv file on the LE box directly so you don't have to generate the file twice.  You can do this on the kodi pvr settings.

Also, are you running the shield with the Android TV OS?  I would assume this is true as you mentioned sideloading the tvheadend app.  If that's the case, I'm not sure how to setup the cron job on shield.  I bet there is a cron addon or even that cron is built into the kodi interface and just needs to be setup.  You might want to search for cron here on the kodi forum.

I apologize, I'm on the road for a few weeks so I'm not near my systems to check on some of those options.

BTW - if you are running the android tv os on shield - might I suggest you just use the built in live channels app?  It works quite well with the hauppauge dual-hd usb tuner.
@edit4ever 

A user rbtcordell on the Nvidia forums created a TVHE server app that allows it to run natively on Android TV as an app.  It is mainly works with network tuners (ie HDHR), but can also be used with USB tuners connect directly to the Shield (though I believe that still requires root).

He also modified the TVHE server app so that it will automatically pull the xmltv.xml from the zap2epg folder in Kodi's addon_data folder. Zap2epg add-on works on Kodi for Android (OS doesn't really matter here), but yes it's Android TV, but the TVHE server can't trigger the grabber in order for to update the xmltv.xml, you have to run it manually.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@edit4ever

Sorry, I should have put in some more details.  I currently have a HDHomerun Connect Quatro tuner.  My libreELEC box works good but it has a glitch where it will freeze under intensive skip forward/back when viewing a recording while making recordings.  Additionally, I want to be able to easily access Android features/apps while in Kodi.  So I decided to purchase a Shield for the main viewing room and use the LibreELEC box in the bedroom as a client.  

When you install Zap2epg in LibreELEC it creates an internal zap2epg grabber in the TVHE EPG Grabber Module tab that can be scheduled.  When you install Zap2epg in Kodi on the Shield it does not create a epg grabber in rbtcordell's TVHE app.  Your idea of a cron app may work.  I installed The Scheduler add-on.  However, I need to figure out the syntax and path to use.  I'm assuming the target should be the zap2epg.py file, correct?

I've looked at the Live Channels app but I don't think it will suit my needs.  I want to be able to watch a show while it's being recorded so I can start late and skip ahead.  Additionally, I want a record only new episodes option.  And I'm hoping I can get comskip to work in rbtcordell's TVHE app.  I'm trying the the TVHE Live Channels app working to evaluate it but I'm having some problems.  

Thanks for all of your good work.
I tried to run zap2epg.py from the scheduler from the The Scheduler in kodi.  I got the following error in the kodi.log file.  I'm not sure but I think the system thinks the zap2epg.log file is read only.  Any suggestions?  Is the syntax "RunScript(special://home/addons/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py)" correct for getting Zap2xml to update the EPG?  

Thanks!

12:55:32.608 T:138476098640  NOTICE: [service.scheduler] - Mode triggered: custom1
12:55:32.608 T:138476098640  NOTICE: [service.scheduler] - Built-in Function: RunScript(special://home/addons/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py)
12:55:32.673 T:138395771984 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(4): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
12:55:33.284 T:138395771984   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/zap2epg.log'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py", line 761, in <module>
                                                logging.basicConfig(filename=log, filemode='w', format='%(asctime)s %(message)s', datefmt='%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S', level=logging.DEBUG)
                                              File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-21-debug/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 1547, in basicConfig
                                              File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-21-debug/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 913, in __init__
                                              File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-21-debug/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 943, in _open
                                            IOError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/zap2epg.log'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
@edit4ever 

I have been reading your thread over at tvheadend forums is their a way to install this with the graber for tvheadend without using kodi ?
@dsbalsak 

If you want to run a similar grabber without using Kodi - I would suggest zap2xml

http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/

It should have all the functions you need.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC4