Help nominate XBMC for SourceForge.net 2007 Community Choice Awards
Information 
looks like it's time for the sourceforge community choice awards again!

well the XBMC team won some categories last year - let's show our support to the team again!

i personally think they deserve to be up there again - some come on guys:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc

and just click to vote for the project. You can vote for more than one category.

good luck
I voted.

J_K_M_A_N
this is the first step, Nomination. only SourceFOrge users can nominate.

then regular folks can vote later, choosing from the nominees

but by all means, if you have a SF account, nominate us for:
Best Project
Best Project for Multimedia
and anything else you think fits us...

this is a genre that does not fit us IMHO : Best Project for Gamers
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Like pike said, this is the nomination part, (voting comes later), but you all are more then welcomed to spread the news:

Quote:It is almost time for this years SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards (CCA). This is the second annual SourceForge CCA, last year the XBMC (Xbox Media Center) project won two categories; "best multimedia project" and "best game project". If you are a registered user on SourceForge.net (registration is free) then you can help to make sure that the XBMC project is eligible for this years CCA as well by nominating the XBMC project to one or more categories. Later, once all final nominees been decided then everyone will be able to vote for the OSD (Open Source Development) projects of their choice in each category. This year Team-XBMC hope that you will help us be nominated in at least the "Multimedia" category, and maybe the "Best Project" category as well, (as it is possible to be nominated in more than one category). The prize: 'bragging rights' and the SourceForge.net CCA logo on the SourceForge.net XBMC project page.

Registered SourceForge.net users can submit your nomination for the XBMC project here (link)
(You can revisit the link to nominate the XBMC project in more than one category if you wish)

Signed / Team-XBMC
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
DIGG it => http://www.digg.com/software/Help_nomina...ice_Awards
I've nominate XBMC in all the categories Big Grin
OK, got the mail and of course SF nomination is done Smile
I've nominated XBMC in all possible categories.

Thank you guys for your transcendent talents and your continous effort to make XBMC one of the coolest applications ever developed.
thanks Rsecq, but nominations have ended Smile

We're a FINALIST now in 6 different categories:

Best Project
Best User Support
Best Technical Design
Most Collaborative Project
Best Project for Gamers ***
Best Project for Multimedia

***please don't vote for us in 'Best Project for Gamers' we don't think it fits XBMC and also we don't want to take away this from a project that fits this category better.

We will announce this properly 'any day now' so no need to Digg or stuff like that just yet!
Voting ends 20th of July

Thanks to everyone that nominated us!

sorry for my poor English, actually, I nominated XBMC when I had received the nomination letter from XBMC.

I have voted XBMC in 5 categories just now:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help nominate XBMC for SourceForge.net 2007 Community Choice Awards0