SingStar mode (Performous / UltraStar ) Karaoke Pitch Match feature built-into XBMC?
oldnemesis Wrote:There is no platform-specific code, but I suggest asking XBox maintainer.

Who is the XBox maintainer? T3ch? I'm asking this because i use primarily the XBMC in my XBox and since i knew about the talks about UltraStar support i was waiting just to be able to play on the console... :p

I love python, so i could be able to make the game if i have the necesary interfaces (and the time :-P ). I love C++ too, but i was confused as a cow in a garage when i started to read the code (too much C, DirectX, DLL and Windows style code for a MacOS X and Linux game programmer guy... :p)
The one maintaining the xbox code is Arnova, T3CH is someone who releases builds of the code from svn.. He's not affilated with xbmc at all.
blittan Wrote:The one maintaining the xbox code is Arnova, T3CH is someone who releases builds of the code from svn.. He's not affilated with xbmc at all.

Ok, i'll send him a message in a break. Thanks for all!!! :-)
El Piranna Wrote:Well, integrate the full game is overbloated, i'm the first one to say this, but allow the interfaces so you can make a python script that "emulates" the game can be a good idea...

Providing the Ultrastar-specific game interface (like real-time access to the input buffer and FFT routines - how many other scripts honestly would need it?) will be even more burdensome than integrating the game itself.
oldnemesis Wrote:Providing the Ultrastar-specific game interface (like real-time access to the input buffer and FFT routines - how many other scripts honestly would need it?) will be even more burdensome than integrating the game itself.

LOL! It's true, the FFT routines i don't think they will be used for any script, i was talking about to have it in C for speed improvement (in a DLL maybe? just kidding... :p), but the rest of functions can be done in python. Look at Frets on Fire, it's written in python...

(P.D.: by the way, i tried to port Frets on Fire to XBMC but the code was a really mess, so i started a new one in C++. I'll have to see FoF Reloaded to see if the code is better...)
I believe the work being done on the games library is supposed to allow running "native" games. Ultrastar qualifies as a game imho, so why try to integrate it, and not rather put effort on making the games library, so as to be able to run ultrastar AND other native games (like wesnoth or nexuiz) in a clean and "xbox/ps3/whatever-way"?
That way, games become much more like plugins (albeit OS-dependant), and xbmc remains lean. If you want to run a game through xbmc, install it as you normally would, and "scrape it" with xbmc. No need to rewrite the game nor bloat XBMC. Of course that depends on the games library being made functional. But i honestly think it would be a waste of dev resources to go ahead with this idea.

@El Piranna: me disculpes, i'm not trying to bash your idea. but it seems to me that your C++ skill could be more efficiently used in contribution to XBMC by helping make a powerful games library (capable of running native/emulated games on any platform in a seamless manner) come to life quicker. This would scratch both yours and Leo2's itches, and make XBMC much more versatile and complete as a living room multimedia experiences.
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
bidossessi Wrote:I believe the work being done on the games library is supposed to allow running "native" games. Ultrastar qualifies as a game imho, so why try to integrate it, and not rather put effort on making the games library, so as to be able to run ultrastar AND other native games (like wesnoth or nexuiz) in a clean and "xbox/ps3/whatever-way"?
That way, games become much more like plugins (albeit OS-dependant), and xbmc remains lean.

Native games in XBMC? In what platform we are talking about? It's true that i have been out of the XBMC development for a long time, but i didn't ear anything about this... The DLL subsystem has been increased to allow compiled games be integrated in XBMC? This are really good news! Big Grin
El Piranna Wrote:Native games in XBMC? In what platform we are talking about? It's true that i have been out of the XBMC development for a long time, but i didn't ear anything about this... The DLL subsystem has been increased to allow compiled games be integrated in XBMC? This are really good news! Big Grin
some work IS in progress. I think it's been headed by Leo2 now. look it up int this forum if you have the time.
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
bidossessi Wrote:some work IS in progress. I think it's been headed by Leo2 now. look it up int this forum if you have the time.

I'm at work now but don't doubt it! Wink
I'd really like the idea of UltraStar Deluxe for xbmc! Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SingStar mode (Performous / UltraStar ) Karaoke Pitch Match feature built-into XBMC?0