SingStar mode (Performous / UltraStar ) Karaoke Pitch Match feature built-into XBMC?
AaronG85 Wrote:i want this feature so bad as ive been using ultra star for ages

Aaron, could you please advise how many of those songs are available to general public? So far I only found around ~20 songs total; if that's all we could find then it doesn't make any sense to implement such feature. If we're talking about several thousand of quality music, it's a different case.
There are several places where you can download thousands
of song text files for ultrastar.
Licence wise it seems to be unclear if this is allowed, even if only the
text files are provided.
The by far most adavanced cross-platform karaoke game is
http://ultrastardx.sourceforge.net/
You can find on their homepage also several free to use music tracks
with ultrastar songtext files.
The game is written in Pascal
Build from svn for linux binary.
frostwork Wrote:There are several places where you can download thousands
of song text files for ultrastar.
Licence wise it seems to be unclear if this is allowed, even if only the
text files are provided.
The by far most adavanced cross-platform karaoke game is
http://ultrastardx.sourceforge.net/
You can find on their homepage also several free to use music tracks
with ultrastar songtext files.
The game is written in Pascal
Build from svn for linux binary.

Do a search for ultrastar DJPO
eilz Wrote:Do a search for ultrastar DJPO

Got it. So far we're pretty close to implementing playback for those songs. The main thing we need now is input support.
I don't know how i missed this before.

But this idea is awesome!

Some points:
-Full support for CD+G and CD-TEXT
-Full support for MP3+G, BIN, MIDI Karaoke (MID and KAR), KMA.

Similarly to the subject but not exactly the same
-Frets on Fire (Open Source Guitar Hero)
-StepMania (Open Source Dance Dance Revolution)

If all 3 could be added to XBMC in the suggested method it would be great.
Although none of the 3 would be as feature rich as the standalone application it does have some benefits:

You could choose either 1 of the 3 or a mix of the 3 or all 3 at the same time!

All we would need is the 3 add-on files on top of the MP3. (Singstar file, guitar hero file and DDR file)
tetsuo55 Wrote:-Full support for CD+G and CD-TEXT

I'm not going to do it. There are several reasons for that, but to start let's say I do not have a single CD+G Smile

Quote:-Full support for MP3+G, BIN, MIDI Karaoke (MID and KAR), KMA.

XBMC already supports MP3+G and MIDI. No reason to support BIN, and I have no idea how popular KMA is.

Quote:Similarly to the subject but not exactly the same
-Frets on Fire (Open Source Guitar Hero)
-StepMania (Open Source Dance Dance Revolution)

This functionality is unrelated to karaoke, and it's hard for me to see a reason to start integrating all existing games into XBMC. Why just not run Frets on Fire separately?

I'm not going to integrate the whole ultrastar game into XBMC either - just to enable karaoke playback. High scores, user profiles and competition modes belong to games and should be in games, not in the media center as it's hard to fit it into current concept.
Added support for UltraStar karaoke text files. Video background is also supported. No pitch detection yet, but may be added in future. As stated before, scoring/profiles is not even planned.
oldnemesis Wrote:Added support for UltraStar karaoke text files. Video background is also supported. No pitch detection yet, but may be added in future. As stated before, scoring/profiles is not even planned.

This are good news, i wanted the UltraStar text files support (i have a lot of songs :-P ). A little question: pitch detection is about to get the singer tone? It would be available for the XBox trunk too? How much difficult it would be to add scoring when pitch detection will be available? Maybe it would be an interesting project for me to start with XBMC code in a serious way...Rolleyes
Voice masks on non-Xbox platforms (Linux/Mac/Windows) would also be very cool, maybe that could be possible via filters after phi2039 have finished with the initial Master Audio framework. You see the voice mask feature can not be fully ported from the Xbox version of XBMC as today the Xbox versions of XBMC uses the API built-into the XDK (Microsoft Xbox SDK) for the voice masks and microphone input, that is closed source code libraries.

Alternatively implement an other open source solution for it, (like for example LV2 API and plugins). LV2 is the successor of LADSPA (Linux Audio Developer's Simple Plugin API).

El Piranna Wrote:A little question: pitch detection is about to get the singer tone? It would be available for the XBox trunk too? How much difficult it would be to add scoring when pitch detection will be available? Maybe it would be an interesting project for me to start with XBMC code in a serious way...Rolleyes
I guess for that you will need to integrate the full UltraStar NG (UltraStar Next Generation) or at least parts of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UltraStar#P...traStar_NG
Quote:Performous / UltraStar NG

UltraStar Next Generation (USNG; since version 0.3.0, Performous) is a similar game written in C++. USNG is currently available for Linux and Mac OS X. USNG features better pitch detection with fast fourier transform than UltraStar and UltraStar Deluxe which use autocorrelation. Multiple simultaneous tones can be detected and separated by the FFT post-processing algorithm, but the game currently only uses this information in the practice screen, not in the singing screen.

A feature unique to USNG is drawing the singing pitch as a line on the screen, in addition to the notes. This allows the player to easily correct their singing pitch instead of having to guess which way to correct.

USNG uses SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer) cross-platform multimedia framework, and the graphics rendering is based on OpenGL for high performance even on slower machines, with full effects. Various background video formats are supported using ffmpeg.

http://performous.org
Oo
Gamester17 Wrote:I guess for that you will need to integrate the full UltraStar NG (UltraStar Next Generation) or at least parts of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UltraStar#P...traStar_NG
Oo

Uh-oh... And i was thinking about a simple python script to show the song lines and the scores when the pitch would be available...Confused

In any case, if UltraStar files are parsed, is should be easy to get an obscure-not-so-known API to parse the tone from that files so they could be shown one day in the future by a script and have a reference of the tone to sing it, without scores, isn't it?Oo
oldnemesis Wrote:Added support for UltraStar karaoke text files. Video background is also supported. No pitch detection yet, but may be added in future. As stated before, scoring/profiles is not even planned.

What does this mean? Is anything Ultrastar related working as of now? This would really be amazing. Dont care about all the scoring, but to sing karaoke based on the Ultrastar-raw songs (including photo, text and audio) woudl be perfect!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Gamester17 Wrote:Voice masks on non-Xbox platforms (Linux/Mac/Windows) would also be very cool, maybe that could be possible via filters after phi2039 have finished with the initial Master Audio framework.

I agree, but I cannot do it. My knowledge of cross-platform input sound processing is pretty much minimal.

Once input processing is added (would also be useful for those with HD audio and no karaoke mixers), adding pitch detection should be fairly easy.

Quote:I guess for that you will need to integrate the full UltraStar NG (UltraStar Next Generation) or at least parts of it:

It is not cross-platform - looks like Linux only, so little use for us.

Also I do not see the point of integrating the whole game into XBMC, as it requires much different framework (score table, easy selectable user profiles and so on). For those who want to have game functionality it's much easier to launch the original game instead from XBMC.
El Piranna Wrote:This are good news, i wanted the UltraStar text files support (i have a lot of songs :-P ). A little question: pitch detection is about to get the singer tone?

Not yet. Maybe in future.

Quote:It would be available for the XBox trunk too?

There is no platform-specific code, but I suggest asking XBox maintainer.

Quote:How much difficult it would be to add scoring when pitch detection will be available?

It is pretty difficult to make it looking 'nice'. At this moment karaoke functionality is just piggy-backing the audio player, so once the song is done, the control basically goes away from the karaoke module. It could be changed, but I'm not sure it worth it.
steve1977 Wrote:What does this mean? Is anything Ultrastar related working as of now?

Only text and video. So far I wasn't successful trying to show the photo over the video.
oldnemesis Wrote:It is not cross-platform - looks like Linux only, so little use for us.

Also I do not see the point of integrating the whole game into XBMC, as it requires much different framework (score table, easy selectable user profiles and so on). For those who want to have game functionality it's much easier to launch the original game instead from XBMC.

Well, integrate the full game is overbloated, i'm the first one to say this, but allow the interfaces so you can make a python script that "emulates" the game can be a good idea... I have been the other day thinking about the required C/C++ interfaces and it's only neccesary to get the song notes infro (so the parse it's not done twice, one in C/C++ and another in python) and the FFT so it can be quickier than in python (obviusly :p). For the other things, the XBMC python support is capable of the video overlaying, show the notes, manage the scores and more :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SingStar mode (Performous / UltraStar ) Karaoke Pitch Match feature built-into XBMC?0