Project: Pandora (Skin Concept Idea)
szsori, no-one can change from MC360, I've rigged everyones xbox to blow, as soon as you change skin you're all DEAD!

MUAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
lol Blackbolt. I guess I'll have to purchase another Xbox just to run this skin. Smile
HarshReality, you forgot the paper-clip.
You must have seen coding I've done, it looks like it was duct-taped together, but it works, somehow. Smile
lol....play nice now children!
Hey mike, I got bored so I threw together the video screen with non-transparent graphics I got from your mockup.

It's rough, and I didn't know what font you used, and it doesn't have all the elements, but it works like it looks.

Now if I had your font, and some transparent graphics, not ones cut and pasted in paint.exe it would look ALOT better.
If you want to play with it yourself, here ya go, it's only the video, its hacked into PM3, and you need to add the texture.xpr from PM3 to move around in the rest of the skin.
BTW, I only tested it in the Win32 engine, and it ONLY will work right in 720p right now. But it's not bad for an hours worth of work.
Pandora (super alpha)
Ok little note mike, it does work in 16x9, and 720p on a real xbox, but make sure your font is set to "Arial TTF"

I make you up a new one when I get the real graphics and add the database info stuff.
The home window should be fun to code with it's top sliding elements and lower selectable buttons, Tongue, the other music, programs and pictures should be pretty easy because I already figured out the locations and sizes of the video screen. Don't forget to think up how the other screens should look too.
For some reason I am really excited to see the video selection menus, and the OSD for the visualizer/video. Certainly too much of a geek to care anymore.
not bad at all McGyver....the font used for the main effort was LucidaGrande. The 'xbox media center' was helvetica, and that would for part of the background image, as it will always stay in place.

Are you able to code the font to push the letters together more?
Ok mike, I did preliminary music,and pictures, and replaced the fonts,and changed the code around so that if you want to add new views it won't have to be fully re-written, but without real graphics, I can't do much more.

If the graphics you've done so far don't match the sizes of mine, that ok, as long as the aspect ratio is close I'll deal with it.

I PM'd you my email, so email me when you've got them done. Smile
Lightbulb 
mikebeecham Wrote:The 'xbox media center' was helvetica, and that would for part of the background image, as it will always stay in place
Would it not be better if it said "XBMC media center", and use the official logo fonts?, especially now that XBMC will run on Linux as well (and not just the Xbox) Wink ...you don't have to use the whole background logo, just the "XBMC" font from XBMC_official_logo_package_v1.0.zip

By the way, VERY NICE 'home' styling and design!!!, ...I personally do not however exacly get the association to the PDA-lookalike icon for VIDEOS (wouldn't a horisontal widesreen display be more logical?), nor do I directly get the the microphone icon usage for MUSIC (shouldn't it be a speaker or similar since most people only listen to music-files and do not sing/record anything themselves) Oo
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi Game....

1) I didi think about XBMC media center, but as XBMC stands for xbox media center, it kinda didnt make sense to me!!

2)The official logo font is Danube, and I'm not sure from a design perspective whether that would work or not?

3) PDA was a screen - will need to get that revised...but then it was only a mock-up Big Grin Same goes for music!!!
What about it just saying "XBMC" (forget about the "media center" part)?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yeah, that would work mate...oh, and I'm on IRC right now Smile
actually, I'm thinking of removing that XBMC Media Center text completely, and working the official logo into that area, but making it more greyscale with the exception of the XMBC and the stripe underneath...they would be the red is use...

Should look, how you call, PIMP!!

LOL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Project: Pandora (Skin Concept Idea)3