Latest on h.264?
elupus Wrote:not safe to assume. just updated when there has been anything major that we want in our player. don't remember exactly when i did it last time. oh and this is for dvdplayer, mplayer's ffmpeg libs are updated much more seldom as that is a much more complicated process.
Sad
Are you talking about your own builds, or T3CH SVN builds?
How difficult is it to update the codec for the mplayer (I have little interest in the dvdplayer because I stream all of my H.264 content from a server)?
Note to self: who am I kidding, I am just a newb, I wouldn't know where to begin simply compiling a build, let alone updating the codec for mplayer...

How likely would it be for T3CH to update the SVN builds with the latest FFmpeg codec if he were asked (nicely Wink) ?
#1 - Fairly difficult unless your a dev.

#2 - Very doubtful and who said "he" for all we know "he" could be a Swedish Blonde with Blue Eyes and long legs doing all that fantastic work Wink
C-Quel Wrote:...who said "he" for all we know "he" could be a Swedish Blonde with Blue Eyes and long legs doing all that fantastic work Wink
ummm, sexy blond sweed...
Maybe I could entice her with chocolates and flowers...
:p
Geeba Wrote:are you a bit disapointed it wasnt pushed further?
Not so much anymore, it would have made a huge difference a few of years back when the Xbox hardware was not so 'old' and 720p MPEG-4 ASP (XviD and DivX) started to come out, but today all 720p movies that comes out are in H.264 and those could never be played on the original Xbox hardware anyway even with GPU accelerated decoding.

If you want to playback the native HDTV video of today (recorded and encoded at 720p/1080i/1080p) then you need more decoding power than the Xbox could ever offer. Thus the Xbox Linux port and a relativly powerfull computer is a must.

PS! Hardware Accelerated Video Decoding on GPU under Linux, now that would be interesting today Wink
http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...o_Decoding
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ok... I've read about as much as I can find... I get it... no CPU horsepower for h.264 in xBox...

I've ripped a test movie from a BD disc onto my harddrive and managed to demux the audio and reencode to AAC. Also managed to down res the video to ~DVD quailtiy and reencode to x264 using megui. Finally, muxed the audio and video back together to create a MP4 that my kids can watch without playing with the BD disc... whew...

Here's the scoop... I'm not getting any dropped frames but XBMC seems to think the file is ~4min42secs in length when it's really 1hr31mins.

Any suggestions? I'm using the latest version of XBMC from T3CH site.

Help please...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest on h.264?0