Skinning assistance please...
Hello - I am currently using two different skins and I am hoping someone with skinning experience can point me in the right
direction. I have done some modifications of the skins already through the xml files but recently have gotten stumped on a
couple things.

As an aside, I am using the t3ch build from 6/4/2007 but have been observing these issues for a little while now.

1. I have been using the Clearity Remixed skin and been having issues with the cast not showing up when I get info on a
movie. I have tried playing around with the DialogVideoInfo.xml file, but I am having a difficult time determining exactly
where it is trying to pull the cast from. I.e. is it possible this is an SQL issue? I also noticed that the Clearity skin
has this same issue. Any thoughts or suggestions as to what I can modify in the xml to try and fix this?

2. I also use the XMC skin (which hasn't been updated for a while, but I'm still very happy with it). I use file mode for
my video library and I use a multi-path bookmark. When I first open the movies link I receive a dialog that states
"Opening multi-path bookmark". Once the open has completed I receive a blank screen (i.e. no movies in the view, just the
movie icon at the top). I then have to push up on my remote which brings me to the video view options screen (Libray mode,
stack, etc.). Then when I exit this screen by pushing up on the remote again, all of my movies are listed. The
interesting thing is that this only happens when I first boot XBMC. I have run a full debug log on this, but nothing
stands out.

Any skinning assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
1. If only the 2 skins you mention have the issue, then it's clearly a skin issue. Clearity is quite old (and thus Clearity Remixed is also old, as all that's been done is modification of some textures + xml files). I suggest comparing to PM3.

2. No idea - never used that skin, but once again you should compare with a known working skin such as PM3.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

macollin Wrote:Hello - I am currently using two different skins and I am hoping someone with skinning experience can point me in the right
direction. I have done some modifications of the skins already through the xml files but recently have gotten stumped on a
couple things.

As an aside, I am using the t3ch build from 6/4/2007 but have been observing these issues for a little while now.

1. I have been using the Clearity Remixed skin and been having issues with the cast not showing up when I get info on a
movie. I have tried playing around with the DialogVideoInfo.xml file, but I am having a difficult time determining exactly
where it is trying to pull the cast from. I.e. is it possible this is an SQL issue? I also noticed that the Clearity skin
has this same issue. Any thoughts or suggestions as to what I can modify in the xml to try and fix this?

2. I also use the XMC skin (which hasn't been updated for a while, but I'm still very happy with it). I use file mode for
my video library and I use a multi-path bookmark. When I first open the movies link I receive a dialog that states
"Opening multi-path bookmark". Once the open has completed I receive a blank screen (i.e. no movies in the view, just the
movie icon at the top). I then have to push up on my remote which brings me to the video view options screen (Libray mode,
stack, etc.). Then when I exit this screen by pushing up on the remote again, all of my movies are listed. The
interesting thing is that this only happens when I first boot XBMC. I have run a full debug log on this, but nothing
stands out.

Any skinning assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have updated the XMC skin in order that it works with the new functionalities of the current XBMC.
Thanks to both of you for the help. I am now perfectly contect with XMC. I fooled around with the DialogVideoInfo.xml file for a while and got it working with the PM3 file, but once I tried to fit it into the Clearity framework I began to lose it again, so not sure what the issue is.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skinning assistance please...0