Wrappers
Ok, im not a coder, and I dont know too much about Linux operating systems (minus the fact on how to get them running as webservers lol)

But.... I've seen time and time again on wrappers, and how they fool, to work with stuff that dosnt usually work (ndiswrapper for a start)

Wouldnt your jobs be easier (or harder pending on your knowledge of wrappers) to wrap all your devices so they would match the XBox's current configuration, that way you would be able to keep an XBox release and a Linux release in time, due to the fact there will only be any need for 1 source code to be released, if people want it to run on Linux they download the linux wrappers, if they want it to run on the XBox they download the XBox binaries

Could I suggest possibly a jailed enviorment aswell, due to the fact you could lower the amount of wrappers needed as a jailed enviorment is easily configurable to meet your needs, eg. make it think its entirely the hardware of the xbox, and the jail can deal with things like alsa, etc etc depending on your. If the Linux port would work on a BSD OS, I could possibly setup some sort of jailed blueprint-configuration for you to try your work on. Obviously Linux itself dosnt support a huge amount of jailed enviorments but sandbox is about as good as a jailed enviorment you would get atleast.
no.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrappers0