Carousel Home Menu (Rotating/Circular Animation Effect)
Jmarshal, I think I get it now, it explains why some of my numbers were negative and why some were huge. I just used trail and error, I didn't get it until just now (the fact it's the back but named center,and that start is middle threw me), it's like a stack of three pieces of paper, center=?,? is the back sheet were the icon would start if it where a size of zero; start=?,? is like the middle sheet where the icon would be size ?,? on it's path from the back; and posx,posy is the front sheet where the icon will end up, and what size it will up. It would be easier if instead of center, it was like place=?,?, then you could just tell it were to start, how big it was, and the posx,posy and height,width would be to tell it where to end. Now if center was like what I thought it was (some sort of center point for a circular zoom, like the gravity from a large planet affecting the light from a distant star by bending it around it), then I could see using the idea of a center. But like always, you have made the engine so open, we can use it to do things that weren't intended, and be able to do cool things through just trial and error. thanx jmarshall.
You can specify:

<animation effect="zoom" start="5,5,10,50" time="2000">Focus</animation>

And it'll start at 5,5 sized 10,50 and end up (as you haven't specified it) in it's standard position. XBMC calculates the sizing and center for you.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

No way, i didn't know you could throw 4 numbers at start=. That would have made life a little easier (completely eliminated the need for all that trail and error).

If I get the time before my vacation, I'll recode it for EXACT animation (because it is by no means that way now).

thanx again.
Ok, I re-did it, all the animation is exact, and I put all the files need into a rar.
Also jmarshall, that second 5,(5) isn't quite right, it ends up being about 100-200 pixels lower than it should be, but at least the other 3 numbers were a gimme, only had to trial and error 1 out of 4 that isn't bad.

Rotating Home Menu.rar

I also made the shading more accurate.

Enjoy. I leave in 2 days, so if you need any help with it ask soon.
That works really smooth. Good job.

I also like how you used the actual infoimage for weather.

How many additional controls would be needed to use a "Weather.IsFetched" condition and have another texture for those without internet?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
10, well 20, but they are the same, well half of them. all in the home.xml.
just make another copy of each:
<control type="image">
<!-- <texture>WEATHER-ICON.PNG</texture> -->
<info>Weather.Conditions</info>
<include>C?-?</include>
<visible>Control.HasFocus(?)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<include>C?-?R</include>
<visible>Control.HasFocus(?)</visible>
<info>Weather.Conditions</info>
<texture flipy="true" diffuse="Thumb_Mask2.png">-</texture>
</control>

And give one a ! conditional, and give other a non ! conditional. Unless a <texture> overrides a <info>, then you get the idea.

Also if someone wanted to, you could have ten different images per icon from different angles so that the images faced outward the whole time, ie. the image in the far back would be facing away. The font image is #1, the back is #6, and far right is #3.

If I get time, I'll add the conditional weather icons, (I didn't know there was a "Weather.IsFetched" condition, I must not of got the memo, else I would have done it that way to begin with)
Nice,

What might look nice, is placing a globe or something in the middle so it looks like it's orbiting.

I'm no skinner, but this looks like it could be used for some interesting skins.

A new control for JMarshall Smile an orbiting fixedlist. I could see DVD covers orbiting around something.
I gave it a try in pal 16x9. there's a serious lag when you nav the menu, this is probably not your fault.

It looks really nice though!
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

with xbmc_pc, pal16x9 works fine.
On my xbox, in 720p it's ok, but not quite as fast as the pc version.
Probably has something to due with the 2000+ lines. Smile
I just wanted to put it out there, I hope someone can streamline it.
Maybe Leonardo (xMC skin) can make it smaller, since he seems to know black magic.

I could make it half the size, if it only rotated one way. Tongue
Ok, I'm done, I added conditional "is fetched" for the dynamic weather icon.
I also did add a big globe that rotated as the menu did, but it looked funny, and I would of had to change the priority for half the graphics to make it look right.
Plus it hid all the back icons, but it can be done if someone wanted to.

It now belongs to everyone, do with it what you will.
It would be a waste if someone doesn't take it and make it their own.

All other urls before are gone, here is the last one.
Rotating Home Menu.rar
nice work mate....maybe I could make a skin to incorporate that at some stage. I want to get Pandora sorted first though...after that, who knows!
MacGyver: If the controls are in a group, then the zoom anim as I stated won't work quite the same with older than yesterday's SVN. They used to work with respect to the window coordinates.

I made a change in SVN yesterday that makes them work with respect to the control coordinates (far more logical!)

Cheers,
Jonathan

Lightbulb 
A few variations on ideas of how this carousel animation effect could be used for album covers:

More videos of the MediaPortal "Face" skin in action:
http://www.mediaportal-skins.net/Downloads/Face3.wmv
http://www.mediaportal-skins.net/Bilder/SkinFace.wmv

*These ideas are 'stolen' from the MediaPortal Face skin suggestion topic-thread from their forums.
Haha, looks like MP is still keeping an eye on our SVN.

Wonder how long it'll take till they get the 3D stuff in (the stuff they've got in the videos is 2D only by the looks)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Carousel Home Menu (Rotating/Circular Animation Effect)0