Carousel Home Menu (Rotating/Circular Animation Effect)
not that long I shouldn't imagine
Well, it looks like the newest updates to the zoom code KILLED this code, I'll recode it when I get a chance, but for now, don't bother downloading unless your using a pre 6-20-07 build. Sorry.
It shouldn't have had any affect. I have not been informed of anything breaking due to the recent changes (unless you're doing stuff inside a controlgroup - as that was wrong initially as I pointed out earlier).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

IMHO this carousel home-menu would really suit the xTV skin for XBMC
...in fact the latest Front Row for Apple Mac has it like that now, see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptegiuEQ1ZU

VERY SLICK! Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
It would probably look like this. Smile

JMarshall was right, it was the control group, so I fixed it, it now works in every resolution and on the Aug 5 build by T3CH. I hope chief doesn't mind the homage to xTV with his icons, if you do, let me know, and I'll remove them.
Like the original, lay this on top of PM3 to test it out, and only to test it out, or use it for your own skin, but don't try use as functional home.xml replacement for PM3 or xTV, doing so will most likely cause loss of functionality, as this is just a proof of concept and not a full skin, like theirs.

Rotating Home Menu

Like the original, feel free to use this code in whatever skin you wish and call it your own. Smile
Oh, BTW, that weather icon is dynamic (it seems like it's always raining here in Heidelberg), but if you have no network connection, it will default to the old weather icon from xTV.

Also note that really wonderful glowing ellipse under those icons, I made that, and it shows the complete and total amount of artistic talent I have, and took me an hour to make, so don't ever expect any graphics from me ever again. Smile
JMarshall,is there a way I can fix the bounce back that shows up in the win32 version really bad and the xbox not so much?. It's related to the zoom animation trying to finish it's course after the focus has been changed. Pressing to the left or right faster then a certain speed in the pc app will make it apparent. If I increase the zoom time to slow then it currently is, it's more apparent, and honestly I would like to see it a little slower in its rotating, but can't, do to the bizarre effects it induces. Is there a way I can terminate the animation somehow? It's not just here, it happens in all wraplists if you utilize some sort of animation, even zooming text lists.
I hope that xTV uses this. It would go great with that skin. Give it a nicer flow.
MacGyver Wrote:Oh, BTW, that weather icon is dynamic (it seems like it's always raining here in Heidelberg), but if you have no network connection, it will default to the old weather icon from xTV.

Also note that really wonderful glowing ellipse under those icons, I made that, and it shows the complete and total amount of artistic talent I have, and took me an hour to make, so don't ever expect any graphics from me ever again. Smile

Hi There,

Have a quick question on this link. It seems that this link links to this update for PMIII. The link that you had for xTV is no longer working. Can I just take what is in this link and drop it into the xTV folder? Would that work?

I would love to use this in xTV.
no, I added like 1000 lines to the includes.xml, but if you copied the code I added to the end of it, the media could be dropped into media folder with no problems, and the new sized fonts in the fonts.xml, and then the home.xml could replace the one in xTV. but I made it when I was bored, and not really a replacement for anything, I added the xTV icons beacuse Gamester wondered what it would look like as a frontrow replacement. I wrote all the code so someone could use it in their skin if they wanted, and because I wanted to see what it would look like. Use it as a mod, or make a new skin with it, I made it whoever wants it.
I am using a July 30th build of xmbc, and what is posted did not work for me. The script would load, but the icons were all jumbled at the left top part of the screen.

What I did is take the above link and substituted the files from within the PMIII folder and put those files in my xTV folder.

I wonder if it is something in the build or if I am doing something wrong.
alucard77, it goes like this.
1) take a brand new load of XBMC
2) then drop the files in the .rar onto that PM3 folder,
3) reset or reload the skin

the jumbling of the icons tells me that the includes.xml is not correct or is the one from PM3, mine is the same, but has like 1000 lines added to it.

most of the code is in there, I did that so other people could build it into there skin, and make changes, without having to rewrite it all.

It's not meant to be a home replacement, just a proof of concept.
I normally don't have enough free time to complete anything, but I am always willing to help out if I can, and I love emulating things due to my lack of artistic ability.
Works really well. If I wasn't so lazy I'd work on a skin using it.
Great Job MacGyver!
MacGyver Wrote:alucard77, it goes like this.
1) take a brand new load of XBMC
2) then drop the files in the .rar onto that PM3 folder,
3) reset or reload the skin

the jumbling of the icons tells me that the includes.xml is not correct or is the one from PM3, mine is the same, but has like 1000 lines added to it.

most of the code is in there, I did that so other people could build it into there skin, and make changes, without having to rewrite it all.

It's not meant to be a home replacement, just a proof of concept.
I normally don't have enough free time to complete anything, but I am always willing to help out if I can, and I love emulating things due to my lack of artistic ability.

Sorry for my ignorance. If I drop it on top of the PM3 folder, this effect will carry onto the xTV skin?
alucard77, it would require ALOT of work for you to put it into xTV. It was never meant to be a drop in home replacement.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Carousel Home Menu (Rotating/Circular Animation Effect)0