Carousel Home Menu (Rotating/Circular Animation Effect)
Gotcha, I thought one of the ones you had posted was for xTV, and that I could switch it in.

Like I said before, hopefully the xTV designer incorporates it in future versions, it is great.
Hate to bump an old thread, but I was playing with the Carousel here at work (on XBMC_PC.exe) and I can't use it. To get the screen to show anything, I have to put the mouse in the top left corner of the screen, and then I can't get the carousel to rotate.

Can anyone confirm if this is working in the latest SVNs? (9-23-07)
it worked fine for me off the latest svn, but I rewrote it anyway and made it into a xTV mod.

Enjoy.
well thats very kind of you!! im gonna insert it and have a go with it....thanks
looks great, lets hope xtv takes it in Smile

great work MacGyver
no need to insert it, its complete, just put the "xtv2" folder in the skins directory.
Almost forgot, I coded it to run under xbmc with linksboks too, but I don't have a current build with links in it, so I can't test it, in settings turn off tv, and the web browser icon will come up, if you have a build with links, it should go straight to the browser, and I created xtv style settings screens for it too, but can't test those on a newer build.

the home menu animation isn't as smooth as i'd like it to be (i think it's a timing thing), i'm hoping jezz can do something with it (i used his ideas from his smoooooth code for list2, so he's the one who understands it better). The animation code he came up with, cut the code needed for this down to about a tenth. Smile
i noticed the animation thing too, so hopefully you can adjust that. Also I think the headers are a little big of a font, can you point me to where in the home.xml i can ajust the fontsize?
otherwise a very goodlooking mod!!
aart, it's in the font.xml file for each resolution, its name is "special81" (but it's really only about 56 Smile )
thanks for pointing that out..Smile
did you find a cure yet for the animation thingy?
no aart, I'm sure it's timing, it looks like the rotation icons are coming up before the static has gone away. I'll try to look into it this weekend, and since chief has included coverflow into the svn, I 'll just release the home.xml and skin-settings.xml and additional icon images by themselves, that way it can be dropped onto new releases easier.
Thanks MacGyver for doing that. I'm liking that as a nice replacement. I know it's been mentioned it takes away alittle from being a iTV clone, but i personally don't care a whole lot about that, i just like most of the GUI setup for a skin and just find this addition making it more personalized to my wants and tastes. So thanks for doing this.
macgyver did you manage to fix it yet? btw for the linksboks icon, i'd go with a safari icon from apple...
MacGyver Wrote:no aart, I'm sure it's timing, it looks like the rotation icons are coming up before the static has gone away. I'll try to look into it this weekend, and since chief has included coverflow into the svn, I 'll just release the home.xml and skin-settings.xml and additional icon images by themselves, that way it can be dropped onto new releases easier.

MacGyver, where do you normally release home.xml and skin-settings.xml files? Your carousel view is very cool, i'd like to use it with newer versions of xtv if possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Carousel Home Menu (Rotating/Circular Animation Effect)0