• 7(current)
Solved Kodi retains every path and stream EVER played in database, does not "clean up" !
Just paid attention to his thread finally (nice title Smile) as I have a shared MySQL DB and a system that has been supporting my household for a number of years. Great initiative!

One scenario I wanted to flag (and you may have this covered and I've missed it in which case I apologise) is that there may be situation where you want to retain //plugin data if that is the only way of retaining which streams/files have been watched.

For example, I regularly use the Apple iTunes Trailers addon (http://addons.kodi.tv/show/plugin.video...._trailers/) and I do want to keep track of which trailers I've watched. Especially as new trailers are often added for popular movies over time so knowing which trailers I've watched and which are new is important to me. Alternatively, maybe adding date parameters (i.e. delete data over X months old or older than Y date) would work fine.
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
(2016-04-26, 01:17)AnthonyB Wrote: Just paid attention to his thread finally (nice title Smile) as I have a shared MySQL DB and a system that has been supporting my household for a number of years. Great initiative!

One scenario I wanted to flag (and you may have this covered and I've missed it in which case I apologise) is that there may be situation where you want to retain //plugin data if that is the only way of retaining which streams/files have been watched.

For example, I regularly use the Apple iTunes Trailers addon (http://addons.kodi.tv/show/plugin.video...._trailers/) and I do want to keep track of which trailers I've watched. Especially as new trailers are often added for popular movies over time so knowing which trailers I've watched and which are new is important to me. Alternatively, maybe adding date parameters (i.e. delete data over X months old or older than Y date) would work fine.

Adding an option to exclude 'plugin://' is certainly possible. What I don't want to do is start adding support for plugin A, plugin B etc etc Whilst that is technically possible, I can only imagine the amount of requests we could potentially get due to the sheer number of video plugins available.

I don't use that addon myself but I'll do some investigating as to how & where it stores it's data. If it keeps track of the trailers itself then there shouldn't be an issue anyway, but if it is using Kodi's database then I can look to add a setting to exclude all plugin paths from the clean.

### EDIT ###

Had a quick look at the plugin code and it appears it downloads the trailers to a specific directory (please correct me if I'm wrong!!) so rather than keep all plugin data, it might be better to add a setting to specify a custom path to exclude along with the ones found in sources.xml. This would mean that any data regarding that specific path would be retained. I'll have to install it and see exactly what data gets added into the video db and then figure the best course of action.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks for looking into this scenario!
Let me know if you want me to dump any row data and report back what is in my DB for verification.
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
Nope, it's OK. I have done some testing and have an idea about this. Need to run it past BatterPudding though first.
Just a quick heads-up !!

I think we are about at the point where we think this is stable (& safe) enough to release, just need to get some documentation written for a release thread so you guys know what all the options do and what to expect.

@AnthonyB - The addon now contains a method for you to retain your trailer watched status. In fact, it is now able to retain info for any video plugin if desired or even multiple plugins whilst cleaning the info for all the others.

Full details and instructions will be posted in the release thread. I'm hoping this will be sometime today, real life permitting.
Where will the release thread be?
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
It'll be in the addons section of the forum and will be titled something like

[release][beta]script.database.cleaner

It was targeted for yesterday, but we had a issue where md5 hashes were different for a file on my dev box, compared to BatterPudding's. Unfortunately, real life once again intervened before we were able to ascertain the root cause of this. Obviously we need to get this resolved as in spite of looking identical at each end, they clearly differ in some way. It's more than likely something really trivial but it can take a while to iron such things out as we really both need to be available at the same time.
Its coming....

MD5 hashes lol. I wonder if KODI even checks them correctly? black_eagle is a *nixian. And I use Windoze. He emailed me addons.xml and addons.xml.md5 which I save to my Windoze PC and uploaded. This proceeded to change all the LF to LFCR when the file was saved. Obviosuly knackering the md5 hashes. Yet that is what had been uploaded to the repo... so addons.xml didn't match addons.xml.md5... yet KODI didn't care. LoL!!

All cleaned and corrected now... soon be ready for you mugs willing volunteers to test it and clean your own databases soooooon.
I note that Kodi repo requires add-on to use UNIX EOL so I suppose that should be considered "best practice" even if not intended for the official repo.

scott s.
(2016-04-30, 22:37)scott967 Wrote: I note that Kodi repo requires add-on to use UNIX EOL so I suppose that should be considered "best practice" even if not intended for the official repo.

scott s.
Thanks, useful to know. It is what we now have on our REPO. It was an interesting mix while testing. We are learning as we go along here.

black_eagle is currently taking a baseball bat to a minor problem that has shown up with debugging off... then we'll be ready for feedback...
BatterPudding if you use Notepad++ for Windows as your editor you can set the default setting to UNIX line-endings.
(2016-04-30, 23:02)bonelifer Wrote: BatterPudding if you use Notepad++ for Windows as your editor you can set the default setting to UNIX line-endings.
ROFL - This comment made me genuinely laugh. Bang on. For some reason I had turned off the "Show EOL" options in Notepad++. It was when I turned that back on again the other night I burst out laughing when I spotted the obvious difference in the files.
We have beaten the addon into submission. It can now be found in our new repo.

Addon thread is here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112

We will say again BACKUP YOUR DATABASES. THIS IS A BETA!! Though we don't expect anything too dramatic to go wrong...

Give us some feedback.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi retains every path and stream EVER played in database, does not "clean up" !1