Live audio input for visualization
Exclamation 
Hi!
It's possible to use the "Xbox Live Communicator Headset" input for drive the visualizations?

It could be very cool, with a projector, as a light system!

I have tried with a notebook with a streaming soft, but... too many delay.

Live input from the mic with a python script?

Thank's for any idea!

Big Grin
I am also looking for a solution on this. Somebody know how to do this ?
Python is a scripting language. It couldn't be used to do what you're talking about. You would need a natively-written application for the Xbox to do this. I guess its theoretically possible that there are drivers for the headset in the XDK, but I don't think any developer has any interest in this at all. Use a computer, the Xbox is basically too wimpy and not made for this...
Catchy Signature Here
I would also love to see a live audio plugin.
I think it would be great to be able to get a skype passthough going or some sort of VOIP application running.
Rainbow 
Just have to jump in with my 2 cents worth, I also would love to see a live audio input for vis, the guys in the band are absolutely floored by Milkdrop when I play stuff off the Xbox for them, and keep asking me if we can get it going for our jams (they're musicians, and I'm getting tired of continually answering the same question. Help us out so I can shut them up!).
I wish I could fly, and that would be cool too, but that's not going to happen either. As I've already said, you need to use a computer for this. The Xbox simply doesn't have the hardware or drivers to do this.

To throw you special folks a bone, MilkDrop is OPEN SOURCE. It was not developed by the XBMC team, simply adapted for use inside of XBMC. You can actually use WinAmp to take a line input and feed it through a visualization, such as MilkDrop. What's more with the additional horsepower of a computer you'll be able to get better/more consistent framerates @ better resolution with lower latency than an Xbox-based rig, plus have a lot of other readily available visualizations to choose from in addition to MilkDrop.
In case you forgot, Xbox has a 733 MHz CPU with a TOTAL of 64 MB of RAM.
It does NOT have a normal operating system and thus you can't simply plug in random devices to it or expect drivers for said devices to appear out of thin air. To my knowledge, there is no homebrew project that uses the Live headset for audio input, so even if it is in the XDK its not very well understood by the community at large.

It took me like 60 seconds to find this on Google:
This is a live audio input plugin for WinAmp 2.x/5.x:
http://home.hccnet.nl/th.v.d.gronde/
This is other links that may prove useful:
http://www.milkdrop.co.uk/links.htm
Catchy Signature Here
Thanks SleepyP,
The main problem I have is that my home computer is dedicated to recording and I'm reluctant to ask it to do anything else, or even connect it to the Net. It's nice to get some help from someone who knows their way around though, and I'll have to organise another machine. You've given me a path to a solution.
Greatly appreciated.
not a big deal. for live stuff you should probably have a second machine for visuals and a main machine for audio. You could also use the second machine to do show recordings if you have a good secondary audio interface. But thats all kindof off topic. The short answer is "you can't do that with an Xbox".
Catchy Signature Here
I own 3 xecuter modded original xboxs from back in the day. The milkdrop visualizer when streaming internet radio is the best I've ever seen even on a modern computer etc. No noticeable delay and melts the presents one to the next very nicely. The box can do 720p like a dream and 1080i pretty well. I used to spend a lot of time researching these boxes back when modded them and I remember seeing that there's a built-in line input on the A/V connector that not wired on the component cable. There used to be a page on Xbox-scene.com back around 2003 that have a breakdown schematic on how to mod the rear A/V connector. The XBMC software will take a line input for the visualizer and you can see it in the system preferences waiting to be enabled..

Someone please help me revamp this. I used to have ideas of running a club with this being the driving force on screens with a video mixer text overlay. I've gone through the 4000 or so presents and have filtered the best ones IMO. I DJ and was planning on using my projector to shoot these milkdrop visualizers behind me tripping to the beat on YouTube videos plus text overlay. I tried to bootcamp a MacBook Pro to windows XP them windows 7 since I figured it would perform the best but still noticeable delay.

Let's change the visual modding game. Audio controller midi took over years ago, I'd like to see visualizers, 3D mapping and more take off more.

Maybe the headset or karaoke mic input will allow it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live audio input for visualization0