• 170(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
And here's the realtime version. In case you're wondering about the conspicuous gaps at the bottom of this and the Showcase info views, they're for the (hopefully) inevitable media flags for things like DTS and 720p.

I've also redone the glass for video views - it was way too transparent on the left hand side before.

UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:With the now neutral background included couldn't you just add this beauty to the SVN?
UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:.

[RE: SVN]

djh_ is currently carefully tip-toing around the legalities of this and that, trying to ensure that he's on solid ground before taking this too far; smart move if you ask me. I'm sure it'll be added to the SVN just as soon as he's sure he won't be arrested for copyright infringement:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34949
OK I understand. I just assumed it was safe now that the backgrounds are placed by users rather than the creator.
DJH, just wondering whether it was possible (and if possible, whether it is something you have ever considered) to change the display of Movie Studio information to Actors, when hovering over a movie in showcase view or on the black info screen?

I was just thinking that when people are scrolling through a movie and are unsure what to watch, viewing information about a movie studio would not be something most people would care about, as opposed to who acted in it.
UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:OK I understand. I just assumed it was safe now that the backgrounds are placed by users rather than the creator.

Completely understandable...there are a lot of skins on SVN which shouldn't seem any different than Aeon from a legal standpoint, but then we're all on our own when it comes to the law: it's everyone's own comfort level that we have to respect, since it's every man's own legal bill if something doesn't work out :-)
RisenGryn Wrote:Hi,

I got a strange problem. After scanning my movie section, and then go into Library mode. Many movies show up twice, anyone encountered this before.

Any Ideas ?

Thank you...

RisenGryn

The doubles are probably from having 2 movie files in the directory, these could be multi-disk releases or the sample file. If its a multi-disk release (CD1, CD2, etc) then read the faq about "stacking"...otherwise just nuke the sample files out all your directories and you should be peach.
RisenGryn Wrote:Hi,

I got a strange problem. After scanning my movie section, and then go into Library mode. Many movies show up twice, anyone encountered this before.

Any Ideas ?

Thank you...

RisenGryn

I had a similar problem. Turned out to be spelling mistakes between the 2 files or the format, eg teminator2-1.avi and terminator2-2.avi showed up as two diff films even though they were stacked.
did anyone happen to catch the poster for "V" before djh took them offline? unfortunately it doesn't seem to have made it to thetvdb.com !

if you can help, please pm me Smile

cheers,

jason.
It doesn't seem to support our wonderful swedish letters Å, Ä and Ö.
Guess there's other languages with the same problems for their respektive letters, like the german/turkish ü.
I really love this skin - which makes it even more frustrating that I ran into a problem on my xbox, which makes me turn away from it:
every time I go into the Movies or TV Shows folder it takes a long time to actually show up the content (which is located on my computer) - it just sits there, displaying the "Please wait" message. After a while it will show up the content. When using pm3 as a skin, it's instantaneous. Even when not setting the source to my movies-folder, but an empty one, it takes quite some time. To make it even stranger: when accessing Comics I have no problem.
Any ideas anybody why that is - and even more importantly: how to change it? I'd really love to use the skin!
SinSee Wrote:I really love this skin - which makes it even more frustrating that I ran into a problem on my xbox, which makes me turn away from it:
every time I go into the Movies or TV Shows folder it takes a long time to actually show up the content (which is located on my computer) - it just sits there, displaying the "Please wait" message. After a while it will show up the content. When using pm3 as a skin, it's instantaneous. Even when not setting the source to my movies-folder, but an empty one, it takes quite some time. To make it even stranger: when accessing Comics I have no problem.
Any ideas anybody why that is - and even more importantly: how to change it? I'd really love to use the skin!

Aeon was always buggy on my xbox, which is why I never was able to use it for long periods of time... it's my default though on my mac. Some people have better luck than others however. I would suggest that you make sure your resolution is at 720p and not 1080i. make sure that your icons are not set to cache at an awfully high setting (don't worry about this though if you didn't even create an advancedsettings.xml) Also in settings make sure you have it set to the Xbox mode. and lower your backdrop resolution. Bottom line is Aeon is a very nice skin that is really at the border of being too much for the xbox to handle in terms of memory and cpu usage.
Competes2win Wrote:Aeon was always buggy on my xbox, which is why I never was able to use it for long periods of time... it's my default though on my mac. Some people have better luck than others however. I would suggest that you make sure your resolution is at 720p and not 1080i. make sure that your icons are not set to cache at an awfully high setting (don't worry about this though if you didn't even create an advancedsettings.xml) Also in settings make sure you have it set to the Xbox mode. and lower your backdrop resolution. Bottom line is Aeon is a very nice skin that is really at the border of being too much for the xbox to handle in terms of memory and cpu usage.

Well, I never created an advancedsettings.xml, the backdrops were already reduced in resolution to avoid "blackouts" while moving from one home-links to another, and xbox-mode is also turned on. - Guess I'll have to stick to pm3 for the time being... :-(
The memory overhead should drop with the removal of the left/right scrolling panels. It'll be interesting to see if it helps on Xbox, though it won't have any effect on the front page.
It should DJH, i'll give it a check when the next build comes out...
  • 170(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24