• 171(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
dende Wrote:The doubles are probably from having 2 movie files in the directory, these could be multi-disk releases or the sample file. If its a multi-disk release (CD1, CD2, etc) then read the faq about "stacking"...otherwise just nuke the sample files out all your directories and you should be peach.

Well, I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding the syntax in the "stacking wiki".

My filenames are typical :

Title (CD#) (GROUP).avi

example : 88 Minutes (CD1) (TDL).avi,
88 Minutes (CD2) (TDL).avi

Could somone tell me how to set up the the stacking in advancedsettings.xml file ?

Thank you Smile

RisenGryn
RisenGryn Wrote:Well, I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding the syntax in the "stacking wiki".

Title (CD#) (GROUP).avi

Could somone tell me how to set up the the stacking in advancedsettings.xml file ?

Thank you Smile

RisenGryn

what does TDL stand for? I just use (title) (CD) ... so using your example I would just do 88 minutes CD1.avi and 88 minutes CD2.avi and that has always worked for me.
Competes2win Wrote:what does TDL stand for? I just use (title) (CD) ... so using your example I would just do 88 minutes CD1.avi and 88 minutes CD2.avi and that has always worked for me.

TDL is the release group...
RisenGryn Wrote:TDL is the release group...

And I do use the () in the filename, not just CD1....
RisenGryn Wrote:And I do use the () in the filename, not just CD1....

then don't. Just try the way I said. works for me.
RisenGryn Wrote:TDL is the release group...

Competes2win Wrote:then don't. Just try the way I said. works for me.

Do you seriously think that I am going to rename 500+ movies to another format just because it works for you?

This is just a matter of formatting the advancedsettings.xml file, but I need help to get the syntax right.

RisenGryn
RisenGryn, he simply trying to make a suggestion not demanding you do anything. The way he is suggestion works for pretty much anyone else without any editing of XML files. Works just fine for me and all 3 of my xbox's.
You can always use Bulk Rename Utility to change them in no time.
I'm not sure here but it could be because you're using brackets in the file name instead of the usual seperators ( . _ - ).
RisenGryn Wrote:Do you seriously think that I am going to rename 500+ movies to another format just because it works for you?

This is just a matter of formatting the advancedsettings.xml file, but I need help to get the syntax right.

RisenGryn

Try this (I think that's what you need)

Code:
<moviestacking action="append">
    <regexp>[ _\.-\(]+cd[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
  </moviestacking>
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
do what i do and you'll have NO problems

but remember you NEED a STANDARDISED way of naming your movies... you can't get away with not renaming them, because even scene releases vary in their naming formats

i name my movies like this:

V for Vendetta (2007).avi
88 Minutes (2005).avi
My Fair Lady (1964).avi

and i've never had trouble with IMDB lookups

but you have to name them consistently. end of discussion. if you have more issues with this, ask in the general xbmc forum... this is a thread about a particular skin
RisenGryn Wrote:Well, I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding the syntax in the "stacking wiki".

Title (CD#) (GROUP).avi

Thank you Smile

RisenGryn

my guess is that if you re arange your titles to

88 Minutes (TDL) (CD1)
88 Minutes (TDL) (CD2)

you may have better luck

i use the format

88 Minutes CD1
88 Minutes CD2

note no brachets and it works fine
Off-topic!
wreezig Wrote:It doesn't seem to support our wonderful swedish letters Å, Ä and Ö.
Guess there's other languages with the same problems for their respektive letters, like the german/turkish ü.

I have the same problem. I get strange characters instead of Å, Ä and Ö. Also the main menu is in english (movies, music, ...).
Please stop...library features and scrapers are the domain of XBMC, not Aeon, and that discuss belongs elsewhere.
...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
  • 171(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24