• 2(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
Looks amazing!!

PS: Fear and Loathing = Best movie ever!!!
WOW!!! looks amazing..... keep up the good work! i simply love it!

when you get the textcolor fixed this will be my default skin.

BTW. The it would be nice if you could anable the filter button in my music or maybe replace it with search. Also the scroll bars could come in handy.

best regards
With all the affects available to the skinning engine I wonder if there is one for shadow (specifically for text). For example, grey text on a dark background can make for some difficulty BUT drop a 1 or 2 px down and right shadow using white and it could make the text stand out incredibly by example... one of my sigs would illustrate, granted its a smaller scale but the effect would be much better on a larger scale.

http://harrea.100webspace.net/ <--- examples with drop and right shadow (images)
Yes, shadow dropping of text has been around in XBMC for ages.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i like the new icon frames.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Cool I will have to hunt in the wiki and see about tweaking my PM3 lol
loving those new frames...they look SO much better than the old ones. I think you should keep them!
What's the good word? Oh no... I've turned into one of the "when's it going to be done" people. Eek
great work so far!!

im really liking your skin although im only hooked up to an old 4:3 pal TV. I hope you will eventually get round to supporting 4:3 as the scrolling home menus dont fit in that view. also it would be great if when playing media (vid&music) you could implement a stop button on the osd (youve got pause but stop would be great also)

cant wait for the next release

ps: you should post on xbox-scene also and build up some more hype for your skin!!!
Update:

Having spent my few moments of free time this week messing with the colours, I realised that little else did the job without ruining the look. The wrapviews had to be the focus of each window, not the menu above them. So aside from making the background denser to help the text stand out, I've used the same little dot to indicate highlight menu options as features in the listviews. Does the job, basically.

Next thing to do is get all the view modes using the new icon frames, and introduce an option for kept/scaled icon ratios.
Here's the icon aspect ratio options at work. Each view type can be set to either stretch or keep the correct dimensions.

Notice, incidentally, that while the bottom row of icons is correctly positioned within the frame, the top row has a 1px gap between them, along the top side. Is this a bug?

You're probably hitting a half pixel boundary, so one is rounding down and the other up possibly.

XBMC renders all images and text rounded to the nearest pixel boundary to eliminate aliasing on the edges.

Looking bloody good btw Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Revised Episodes view:

While I'm here, incidentally, I'm about to build a tweaked version of XBMC because I think mplayer is playing my X-Files episodes, all of which are VOBs ripped from the DVDs. With mplayer I get AV sync problems, with dvdplayer I don't, so I'm setting it up to play .vob extension files with dvdplayer. Am I wasting my time?
i like this layout - great work
are these new amendments available for download yet?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24