• 7(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
This is what happens now when you click the right-thumbstick on your controller (or whatever you do on your Harmony remote - Nerd)

djh_ Wrote:This is what happens now when you click the right-thumbstick on your controller (or whatever you do on your Harmony remote - Nerd)

niceCool
This skin, looks awsome from the screen shots, but can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here..

I have downloaded the Alpha3, but I don't get any of those lush wallpapers that you have included, only the textures of the glass etc. Help much appreciated as I would like to move this to my home cinema asap Big Grin
Hmm, you're the second person who's reported that. I can only assume it's an XBMC build issue or something to do with your cache. Are you running a recent version of XBMC?
@djh:
http://www.nashwanpower.com/download/xep...wmenus.jpg
i mean the white grainy background.
blaize Wrote:@djh:
http://www.nashwanpower.com/download/xep...wmenus.jpg
i mean the white grainy background.

Oooh, I see. I'll be adding a few glass variants at some point, but for the moment there's just the one. You can "thicken" the glass in the Custom menu, but it's the same texture.
Thanks for the prompt reply djh, I have just this minuite downloaded the T3ch from 2007-08-12, still the same, all backgrounds showing black this is via xbmc pc.. so will push to the little black box and see if it sees it any different.
You might want to try checking you cache settings and seeing if it's a memory issue. The background does take up a chunk, so if you have particularly high cache values it's conceivable it mightn't show.
These are my current cache settings? do any of these look out of place?

<cache>
<harddisk>256</harddisk>
<sep1></sep1>
<sep2></sep2>
<sep3></sep3>
<sep4></sep4>
</cache>
<cacheaudio>
<dvdrom>256</dvdrom>
<internet>256</internet>
<lan>256</lan>
</cacheaudio>
<cachedvd>
<dvdrom>2048</dvdrom>
<lan>2048</lan>
</cachedvd>
<cacheunknown>
<internet>2048</internet>
</cacheunknown>
<cachevideo>
<dvdrom>2048</dvdrom>
<internet>4096</internet>
<lan>2048</lan>
</cachevideo>
Love that info page with the right thumbstick. Very cool and handy.

How the heck do I select the different included wallpapers, though? I select custom background and browse to the file with the textures.xpr in there, but can't select individual files inside the xpr, nor can I find the images elsewhere inside the Xephyr directory structure.

Also, I know it was suggested a while ago, but you probably have more experience with skinning now... any possibility for dynamic "fan art" as the backgrounds for specific shows/movies? An example... you select The Dresden Files and the background for the season/episode selection is a Dresden Files wallpaper. Media Portal has the ability (and fan art specific for their skins: http://jossan.visse.nu/~spuck/FanArtVote...owid=79759), and it adds a lot to the interface. Having "fan art" backgrounds supported by XBMC would make it pretty likely I'd add them to thetvdb.com and bribe spiff into automatically downloading them for each show. Smile
Just had a quick look at the home.xml
Seems you are using an imagepath for the images, and when I look into the xpr I see that you have the images saved within the xpr as films\imagename so the files are there.

I have tried on an older build of xbmc and that works... So I dont know whats up here..

I will try a completly fresh build rather than an update and see if this fixes.
szsori: There aren't any custom wallpapers included - just the default ones. The background pack that I'm just finishing off has 100 of them, though, so you'll have plenty to choose from. For the sake of loading speed, each backdrop is a BMP file which weighs in at about 2.5mb, so I couldn't really include extra ones in the skin package itself.

As for ListItem-specific switching, built-in downloads etc., that's not something I'm really thinking about atm. Sorry.
I can confirm a fresh build has fixed this issue. My guess is there is something dirty in the user data folder.

Thanks for your patience.
Thanks djh. Once again, great work so far. Smile
When i installed this skin i noticed that the some of the backgrounds didn´t show. After messing around with xbmc and copy the skin again , nothing changed. That's when i noticed that i had custom background activated (in the skin custom option). After i set to default all background worked.
Maybe that's what's happenning to the people who say they can't see the backgrounds.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24