• 8(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
Interesting...

I'll check the options to make sure none of the customs are activating by default. Shouldn't be, though.
this skin looks brilliant. i cannot wait to use it. thanks for making it Big Grin i hope it is one of those skins that will eventually reach beyond the beta stage. great work mate. Big Grin
Looking great! Is it possible to add an option to enable/disable homescreen items? Keep up the great work!
djh_ Wrote:That's the second time that's happened. Huh

I've put a mirror up.

wanna know why it's happening ? I need to upload it manually each time! and I don't read this thread every time it's updated, hehe
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Anyone wanting to run in 480p mode... open the fonts.xml file in both the PAL16x9 and 720p directories and change every font size to be 2 smaller. It worked really well for me. I think you could also create a 480p directory and make a copy of fonts.xml in there with the sizes changed, but I'm not entirely sure if that's how it works.

1080i would probably work the same, but you'd want to take the sizes up by 8 or 10 I think, and like djh has pointed out, it probably won't look quite right anyway.
djh,
About the weather; I think the location is unnecessary... if you don't know where you are the weather is your the least worry you should have! Rofl

Also, what about putting it in the lower right corner like this...

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
pike Wrote:wanna know why it's happening ? I need to upload it manually each time! and I don't read this thread every time it's updated, hehe

Erk. Sorry, mate. I'm speaking to JezzX about SVN now, so hopefully the suffering's about to end.
djh

Have to say this is one hell of a nice skin. I'm really looking forward to SVN inclusion as every time I see your new additions I just can't wait to get your latest build and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Just one thing I noticed tho but I'm sure this is because its a work in progress the bullet point whilst in list view seems offset vertically. Are you planning on keeping that as I don't think it flows with the rest of your skin or are you planning something similar to the selector bar you just introduced.

On a side note I have tested your skin at 1080i and I have to say the images look amazing at that rez the only issue I have is font size but I'll create a new font.xml just for that purpose to suit my TV. I for some reason don't seem to get that memory, lag issue that alot of other users seem to face at this rez and can stream all my movies etc no prob. On the other hand any skin I have used at 720p looks really bad - both fonts and graphics.

Great work and look forward to your updates.

D
JustMeD Wrote:Just one thing I noticed tho but I'm sure this is because its a work in progress the bullet point whilst in list view seems offset vertically. Are you planning on keeping that as I don't think it flows with the rest of your skin or are you planning something similar to the selector bar you just introduced.

The ListViews, selectors, highlights etc should be considered prototypes atm. One of them, for example, is still a legacy texture from Clearity. They'll change considerably before too long, though I haven't thought how yet.
Any idea when you might move over to SVN as I'd be keen to get your latest build. Also what resources do you use to get those hiRes images. Can't wait to make this my default skin.

D
At the risk of cluttering up the Home page, I've been playing around with a more interesting Now Playing overlay. It's optional, so if you prefer the old way of simply replacing the RSS with some basic info, or just turning it off altogether, you still can.

Sorry bout my last post, no need to make this 1080i. I thought it couldn't be used on a 1080i tv, but I made a mistake. I got the skin up and running now.

This is a very nice skin indeed. Just a couple quick suggestions.

1- Would it be possible that in the cover view mode it highlighted the middle picture instead of the one all the way on the left hand side. So when you hover over the movie you want to see, that icon will be in the center of the screen instead of the right.

2- I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but when I go to TV shows or movies, I need to go back a level. The TV Show screen is blank, then I go back a screen, go to title and the shows appear.

Anyway, this is a great skin. I am looking forward to future improvements. Any plans for wide icons?
djh,
I like the 'now playing' on the home, looks good.

btw... how do I increase the font size? The menus are too difficult for me to read. I'm getting old!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Affini.. read up for one of my previous posts on making this work in 480p. It's just a matter of editing the font.xml files in Notepad and increasing each one by a little bit. Keep in mind that doing so on certain items will make them overlap incorrectly in the skin. Best to just increase the smaller ones and leave the main menu one alone.
alucard77 Wrote:Would it be possible that in the cover view mode it highlighted the middle picture instead of the one all the way on the left hand side. So when you hover over the movie you want to see, that icon will be in the center of the screen instead of the right.

You could do it, but it'd cause a few problems. The menus, for example, are designed to fall to the left of the focused object. If the focused object moved to the centre, they'd overlap.

Quote:I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but when I go to TV shows or movies, I need to go back a level. The TV Show screen is blank, then I go back a screen, go to title and the shows appear.

I think this'll be because the shortcuts are hardcoded into the Home menu. If you look at the readme file, it tells you where each menu option leads. By pulling back a level, you're probably going back to the root directory, which is why you can see something.

Quote:Any plans for wide icons?

Not at the moment. I'm not even sure how I'd do it, given that the skin's designed to make full use of widescreen. It seems a bit counterproductive to have wide icons taking up all that space. I'll give it some thought.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24