• 4(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
The new build's available at the start of the thread. Something of particular note with this one is that the customisation settings are a bit screwy; you'll see what I mean.

I'll upload the folder with all the textures shortly. A right mess, they are.

Oh, and I never got round to properly coding the RSS options, so atm you have to select RSS in both the XBMC and Skin settings for it to work. Remember, this isn't so much a "work in progress" as a "work in progress in progress". In other words: erk.
I think the links on the first post don't work. The link to the new release though is this I believe: hxxp://www.nashwanpower.com/download/xephyr/Xephyr_ALPHA2.rar

Like the work so far! Keep it up!
Not sure what happened to the original link. I've put a mirror one up for the time being.
Custom background folders/slideshows are now working for both the Home screen and media windows. The Customisation menu is also fixed. I'll post a small update tomorrow.
Wonderful. Thanks for all the quick last minute updates.
Updated again with the aforementioned improvements. Custom background slideshows, fixed customisation menu, few more bugs stamped on.

Download's on the first page, titled ALPHA2b. Thank God someone gave me edit privileges.
Also, another issue to add is the scripts section is also unskinned. everything else i think you already mentioned in your known issues. love it! keep it up!
djh_ Wrote:...Thank God someone gave me edit privileges.

You're welcome Smile that's a perk when you make great skins (comes with the
title Skinner)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Big Grin Gotta love Pike...he's always there when you need him Smile
One File Manager. This animates really nicely: the darker background fades in, together with the system text and the logo, while the two glass panes slide in from either side. The plan is for the area in the middle to double as a context menu.

this really is a great piece of work.... thanks
So I've started playing with the glass again. I've been thinking that it lost its way a bit after I started trying to make the text more legible, so I've made the text black and the glass crisper, less smokey and more transparent. I appreciate that some people are going to see this as a bit of a step back in legibility terms, so I'm now putting two different "densities" of glass in there with an option to switch between the two.

Here's what the clearer version looks like anyway:

Incidentally, if anyone using this skin would like me to post thumbnail artwork to fit those poster frames, or episode thumbnails for TV shows, let me know.
I really like the look and feel of this skin. It is a bit difficult to read on my 57", maybe I can increase the font size?

Anyway... a few requests:

a)
Can you make the 'Settings' a hidden button, e.g. not on the main menu scroller? I don't think it make sense to have a button on a main menu that should only be used rarely by the admin of the system, and never by a normal user.
You could also do this with a power button?
I did this on my PM3 mod and it works well. Maybe something that if you press up from the main menu, hidden buttons appear?

b)
Can you add some more views to the videos? I really like List2 and also the icon / grid-like view.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Affini Wrote:I really like the look and feel of this skin. It is a bit difficult to read on my 57", maybe I can increase the font size?

I can see the font size becoming a bone of contention, tbh - you're having trouble reading it at 57", I have no trouble at 32". I guess an optional font size increase is the only way to do it. I'll look into it.

Quote:Can you make the 'Settings' a hidden button, e.g. not on the main menu scroller? I don't think it make sense to have a button on a main menu that should only be used rarely by the admin of the system, and never by a normal user.

Yup, I'm with you on that one. I'll move it to the Home submenu.

Quote:You could also do this with a power button?
I did this on my PM3 mod and it works well. Maybe something that if you press up from the main menu, hidden buttons appear?

They already do! Don't press up, though, press down. There's a power button on there, together with Scripts etc. Incidentally, I've just skinned the basic Scripts window.

Quote:Can you add some more views to the videos? I really like List2 and also the icon / grid-like view.

I'll certainly add the Icon view as it takes about three seconds. Don't worry too much about the List views at the moment; they'll be given an overhaul before too long.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24