Just some progress screenshots
yuvalt Wrote:For now we're not doing mplayer. Maybe we'll do it later on, but at this point we don't see a reason + we know it's gonna be quite difficult. Regarding subtitles - yeah, that's the plan.

-Yuval

Not sure why it would be difficult to port MPlayer, seeing as it's already available on Linux. Unless you guys have made a lot of changes to it, I'd say keeping it it's own executeable, just call it when it's needed would allow the user to simply get codecs for MPlayer and have them seamlessly (or, at least to an extent) in XBMC as well.

But I really am no coder, and you guys CERTAINLY know more about this than I do, but that part just didn't really make sense in my mind.
that would reduce xbmc's movie player integration to about the level of myth - i.e. totally unacceptable. think: no xbmc osd, no transparencies, external dependency hell and so on.

slave mode is NOT the way to go. slave mode = the sux.

and mplayer cannot be compiled with -fPIC as it has too much assembly code that requires 8 registers -> not doable as a .so file -> not an option at all.
I glad that DVDPlayer is the way to go because it performs much better than MPlayer on the Xbox. I'm sad for all the work elupus put into making MPlayer better on the Xbox.
When DVDPlayer supports all that MPlayer do on the Xbox will it be removed here or at least not be the default media player any more?
who knows - it will certainly NOT be removed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just some progress screenshots2