Support for networked DVD changer?
hi,
wondering if anybody has worked or done anything with the powerfile c200 and the xbmc, i have a powerfile and was looking for some help in getting the xbmc to be able to play movies from it.
i've started preliminary work on connecting to the powerfile c200 so that i can use it with xbmc (using xbmsp), so far i can get the trays to show and can position the jukebox to the tray (even watch an avi stream).

i'm having an issue trying to show the proper errors using xbmsp for some reason whenever an error message is sent it's not appearing up in the xbmc (xbmc just quits what it was doing and returns back to the previous menu)

.. anybody know if this is broken or am i sending the wrong message id ?

any place i can get a sample of these errors (using c#) ?

thanks.
Just purchased a Sony VGP-XL1B3 (same as VGP-XL1B and VGP-XL1B2) 200 disc DVD changer that connects via firewire to an MCE machine and allows for indexing and playing of DVD's with direct control from the desktop. With an application like My Movies (http://www.mymovies.name) the changer contents show up on MCE extenders like the XBox 360 and allow for XBMC like indexing and title launch. I'm no fan of this implementation as the transcode 360 and daemon tools combination required to mount the discs and transcode to .wmv is less than perfect. The XBMC dvd output is better, as is the GUI.

Question is, could support for this changer be implemented into XBMC? This would be a very cost effective manner to add DVD storage as up to 4 changers can be daisy chained together and Amazon is currently selling these units for $299 shipped each. (200*9.4GB=1.88TB for $299, or $0.16 per GB).
Sounds like at least something is using uPnP which XBMC also can use.

Add a uPnP bookmark and see if it pops up. Not every server does, as the xbox hardware does not have multicast capability.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the response - I will work with the guys programming for the VGP-XLB to find out what protocal its using and let you know.
So I've got the changer hooked up and network shared. Under uPnP on XBMC I select the changer and the DVD that is currenlty loaded into the changer plays great (cc are enabled but I imagine that's something we can overcome). There is obviously no ability to scan the entire contents of the changer - I believe My Movies does this by keeping a remote .xml of the contents, but I'm not exactly sure. Is this something that XBMC could potentially do?
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...fake_files
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the help, but I was actually hoping for an interface where XBMC would locate the movie on the DVD Changer and launch the title as if it were stored on a network hard drive.
patch welcome.

do you really think somebody without the hardware are gonna bother adding this for youHuh?
Nope - just trying to get a flavor for the communication protocal as the guys I know who are programming for the changer don't have XBMC. Worst of both worlds as I'm stuck in the middle trying to translate back and forth, and I'm not a great translator.
Well it took a while, but i have gotten the changer streaming data back to XBMC as if it was a NAS server.

Take a look here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1020976

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for networked DVD changer?0