• 57(current)
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?
juanpa74 Wrote:I amgoing to try it. Thanks for the subtitles. I have been asking for it.

I forgot to add that autoplay of subtitles is enabled in the plugin settings
dink, i find your script is a huge improvement in usability over the last SVN version i was using. thank you for sharing!
(i am not even interested in the subs myself, its the faster navigation and less confusing menu layout that I really appreciate!)
I hope you keep up the great work, although i don't have any more suggestions right now (probably will after using it more Wink)

edit: couple of ideas:
1) can you sort programs so any beginning "The Program Name" > "Program Name, The" please?
2) its using the internet cache size for radio, this is 2048 or something too large, maybe change to use the audio cache size?
3) maybe some sort of favourites or bookmarks system for quick access to titles.. perhaps this can be already be done with a suitable query string to the plugin?
simply change cache of unknow internet media to 512 and that speeds radio up alot.
Smiff Wrote:dink, i find your script is a huge improvement in usability over the last SVN version i was using. thank you for sharing!
(i am not even interested in the subs myself, its the faster navigation and less confusing menu layout that I really appreciate!)
I hope you keep up the great work, although i don't have any more suggestions right now (probably will after using it more Wink)

edit: couple of ideas:
1) can you sort programs so any beginning "The Program Name" > "Program Name, The" please?
2) its using the internet cache size for radio, this is 2048 or something too large, maybe change to use the audio cache size?
3) maybe some sort of favourites or bookmarks system for quick access to titles.. perhaps this can be already be done with a suitable query string to the plugin?

1) - I will look into it
2) - thanks rudeboyx
3) - You can already set a favourite within the context menu or if you use "Add Source" then you can navigate down into the plugins' contents. It's an advantage of plugins over scripts that the plugin acts as a virtual directory and can therefore reuse a lot of the existing directory functions

BTW little trick - if you enable library mode and list episodes using "View: List" you get an easy way to see an episode's plot. The episode plot is also available via "Move Information" in the context menu.
Hi Folks

I've made a few more changes. This time
  • Local and Regional BBC Radio stations added. Both for catchup and live
  • Regional BBC TV stations (Scotland, Wales, Norn Iron, Alba) added to catchup
  • Flexible sorting of series lists (name without 'the', date, etc)

available at http://drop.io/iaeutil

Cheers
Dink
You the man. Will try this as soon as get the chance. thanks again!
(time to consider cancelling my Sky+ subscription, the way this is going..)
Awesome work.

I just did a fresh installation of 2008-12-30 to regain IMDB scraping, and am yet to install iPlayer properly.

Nice work Dink
Fantasic! All working for me!
sorry possibly i'm being thick but i cant seem to get the new sorting (Title, The) working.. tried the different list views, unchecked "ignore tokens when sorting" (although i had this on before).. cant see any option for it in the plugins settings.. am i missing something sorry?
Smiff Wrote:sorry possibly i'm being thick but i cant seem to get the new sorting (Title, The) working.. tried the different list views, unchecked "ignore tokens when sorting" (although i had this on before).. cant see any option for it in the plugins settings.. am i missing something sorry?

When looking at a list of series just change the "Sort By:" type. It only works this way for the series list as that is the only list where it is appropriate.
heh, still can't find that sorting option.. but i like browsing programmes by large icon views :p

i think the most important thing this plugin needs to be really useable is a RESUME feature. so if the stream is dropped for any reason (just happened to me for no apparent reason) or the user presses STOP, is it possible to pick up a stream part way through?? this might be an XBMC or iPlayer server issue though i've no idea. i'm using Atlantis, any reason to update XBMC for this?
thanks, coming along great!
I'd love the ability to jump through the feed, too.
matt! Wrote:I'd love the ability to jump through the feed, too.

From what I understand this isn't available as the protocol used for transmitting the data hasn't been published. Folk have been trying to dissect the RTMP protocol and Frosty has been able to use the limited info available to provide basic flash video functionality in XBMC. Hopefully things will improve as more info on the protocol is made available (sometime in the first half of this year Adobe have promised to release protocol documentation).
Nice one, dink!

Looks like you are on the case.

I shall keep out of it Wink
Smiff Wrote:heh, still can't find that sorting option.. but i like browsing programmes by large icon views :p

i think the most important thing this plugin needs to be really useable is a RESUME feature. so if the stream is dropped for any reason (just happened to me for no apparent reason) or the user presses STOP, is it possible to pick up a stream part way through?? this might be an XBMC or iPlayer server issue though i've no idea. i'm using Atlantis, any reason to update XBMC for this?
thanks, coming along great!

Ahh I think I see what is going on with the sorting. Only name sorting is available under library mode. File mode has all the other sorting options but then it lacks an easy way to display episode plot info (you have to select "Movie Information" from the context menu). See this thread for more (much, much more) about this issue.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?7