• 69(current)
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?
Been keeping an eye on this thread for a long time, and I'd like to say congratulations on a lot of hard work. Having iplayer on our xbox is superb and flash is rubbish on linux so iplayer barely works on my computer without this.

Anyway I wanted to try out the new streams so I compiled the latest svn with the latest plugin but I've run into problems.

At the final selection stage in iplayer ie. the one just before you play the stream, it crashes and either seg faults or gives and error but leaves a process running somewhere. It doesn't matter what options for video I set, all crash.

Heres the stdout+xbmc.log http://pastebin.com/m3c19a769

Cheers
BeardedChimp Wrote:Been keeping an eye on this thread for a long time, and I'd like to say congratulations on a lot of hard work. Having iplayer on our xbox is superb and flash is rubbish on linux so iplayer barely works on my computer without this.

Anyway I wanted to try out the new streams so I compiled the latest svn with the latest plugin but I've run into problems.

At the final selection stage in iplayer ie. the one just before you play the stream, it crashes and either seg faults or gives and error but leaves a process running somewhere. It doesn't matter what options for video I set, all crash.

Heres the stdout+xbmc.log http://pastebin.com/m3c19a769

Cheers

Nothing obvious in the log so just in case it is an issue with this revision try syncing to SVN:20015. That's life on the bleeding edge Smile

Cheers
Dink
-----------------------------------------
BBC IPlayer[url=http://drop.io/xbmcdink][/url] Plugin
dink Wrote:Looking at the log there doesn't seem to be a failure from the plugin side.
BTW has anyone else gotten the IPlayer plugin to work on PPC Mac?

I think there's code that is only correct on little-endian processors (eg Intel) in rtmplib (particularly to get the number that's sent in 'createStream'). Unless someone's fixed up my lazy code it's unlikely to work on any big-endian processors, which I believe PowerPC are.
If you have a problem, first search to see if it's already been addressed.
Then, read this. Include exactly which version of XBMC and plugin/script you're using. 'latest' means nothing and may lead to rage and/or a lack of helpful replies.
Geeba Wrote:Anyone tried Xbox or is the current build not high enough?

AFAIK it hasn't been ported to the XBOX codestream yet. Watch the changelog to see it go in.

When it is, you'll find that the lowest-res H264 streams (~780kbit) play perfectly, and to my eyes give a picture similar to watching freeview - significantly better than VP6. The XBOX can't *quite* keep up with H264 1500kbit, and of course the 3000kbit 720p streams are right out.
If you have a problem, first search to see if it's already been addressed.
Then, read this. Include exactly which version of XBMC and plugin/script you're using. 'latest' means nothing and may lead to rage and/or a lack of helpful replies.
See Edit... looks like the latest xbox binary does not have the necessary code patched in...

Just tried it on the latest xbox version (9/5/2009) and playback is jerky and the audio/video are out of sync on all H264 settings (even on the 800kbit setting). Flash playback still works fine.

Hope this can be fixed. Thanks for all the work on this plugin, it's great to be able to use iplayer on an actual TV in the living room!

Edit: looking through the changelog, I can't see anything relating to video playback, so I think this version has not had the latest fix merged in.
dink Wrote:Nothing obvious in the log so just in case it is an issue with this revision try syncing to SVN:20015. That's life on the bleeding edge Smile

Cheers
Dink

Tried compiling 20015 but had some assembly error, anyway downloaded the latest (20100 at the time) and it runs smooth as ever. The 720p stream looks absolutely great and runs fine compared to the flash stream off the bbc website where I get about 1 frame every 10 seconds Tongue

Just waiting for xbox svn to catch up now and for someone to release a build, although the vp6 stream doesn't look too bad on our tv since crts are a lot more forgiving of artefacts.
This plugin is the dog's bollocks. Nice job.
motd2k Wrote:This plugin is the dog's bollocks. Nice job.

A little more bollocky goodness at http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/downloads/list

This is a minor update which tries to make the 'Auto' video setting smarter.
  • for builds with a SVN >= 20015 it selects H.264 800 as the default. Much better picture for not much more bandwidth
  • for the BBC HD channel it will override all other settings and use the full HD stream if SVN >= 2015, Resolution > PAL & OS != xbox
Cheers
Dink
-----------------------------------------
BBC IPlayer[url=http://drop.io/xbmcdink][/url] Plugin
Is there anyway to skip within a stream(fast forward has strange effects)? Also I had left something on pause and came back about an hour later, when unpaused it played a few seconds from the buffer then went back to menu.
Both of these are known issues with librtmp as it stands.
using xbmc build 20131 on the xbox and the new 10-05-09 build of the iplayer script.

when watching a program, pressing info brings up the info bar which used to show the program thumbnail, then pressing > used to bring up the episode description.(PM3.HD Skin) but non of this info or thumbnail is displayed anymore. and yes i am in library mode. the info and thumbs show fine whilst navigating the script.

dont know if its xbmc build bug or if xbmc has changed the way it uses the plugin code, but it definatley dosent work.

great work by the way on the new version with HD support (its just keeps getting better and better)

PS - the auto video mode setting on xbox seems to be using to high resolution. framerate to low even at (800kb) setting but flash (512kb) works fine
First all massive thanks to everyone that has been working to make this a reality - am exceptionally grateful.

rudeboyx Wrote:using xbmc build 20131 on the xbox and the new 10-05-09 build of the iplayer script.

PS - the auto video mode setting on xbox seems to be using to high resolution. framerate to low even at (800kb) setting but flash (512kb) works fine

I'm also using 20131, and the latest iplayer and am getting audio/video well out of sync, and stuttering playback. Is this something to do with 20131 ? (Please let me know if there are any logs I can post that may help)

Keep up the great work - and thank you again.
moomonkey Wrote:First all massive thanks to everyone that has been working to make this a reality - am exceptionally grateful.

I'm also using 20131, and the latest iplayer and am getting audio/video well out of sync, and stuttering playback. Is this something to do with 20131 ? (Please let me know if there are any logs I can post that may help)

Keep up the great work - and thank you again.

in plugin settings set video to "flash (512)" and playback is smooth
xbox is poor at playing high resolution video
Bummer, Frosty had suggested that XBOX would be able to play the lowest quality h264.

rudeboyx Wrote:xbox is poor at playing high resolution video
640x360 is hardly high resolution, in fact it is the same resolution as Flash.

The extra decode overhead of h264 vs flash must be too much for the poor old dear.
The X-box has never had any problems playing previously downloaded h264 streams (downloaded from iplayer on PC using this)

I don't see why streaming these should cause problems?

Also if XBMC is able to stream the H284 streams, it should be very easy to get mplayer to save the complete files (they are streamed as complete files and contain no DRM / difficulties associated with .flv's )

Where are people getting 20131 XBMC from, I'm still waiting for an updated t3ch build? - Looking forward to higher quality iplayer tho Big Grin
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?7