• 58(current)
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?
dink Wrote:File mode has all the other sorting options but then it lacks an easy way to display episode plot info

Other way around I think? from reading that thread. You've hit the issue though thanks. I don't like Library Mode really, not sure if i can turn it on just for some plugins.
IPlayer-2009-02-05.zip
http://drop.io/iaeutil
Quote:Minor update
- Adds Radio Foyle
- Plugin settings
a) change size of programme thumbs download to make menus a bit faster
b) enable switching off auto subtitle download to speed up programme launch a bit
Smiff Wrote:IPlayer-2009-02-05.zip
http://drop.io/iaeutil

Can't get anything pass you Smiff Big Grin

BTW I have started looking into the plot info issue see posting

Cheers
Dink
Question 
Sorry to play the ranting newb, but at 800+ posts, this thread is too long to go through. The original subject is for a REQUEST. Yet, it seems like there is an actual plugin for BBC streaming now? Is this true? If so, might anyone consider changing the subject or starting a new thread with RELEASE in the topic? Okay, rant over. Sorry again. Smile

Now for my questions...
1. Is there a plugin for streaming (or downloading) BBC content?
2. If so, does it work from outside the UK?
2.a) If not, would it with proxy software?
3. Where is this plugin or script located for download?

I've never until now, had reason to want to view BBC content. But I've been hearing about this new program starting Feb 7th (today for those in UK timezone) on BBC2, "Iran and the West". I'd really like to watch it, but I'm in the USA. I'm running XBMC on an xbox, if that matters.

Thanks....
As far as I can remember from this thread, no it doesn't work from outside the UK.
unless with some sort of proxy....but even then it may not work i think
sion28, could probably have looked at the last post and taken a guess :p

probably better to torrent the one show you want then? iplayer is more useful as a regular service (i think of it like a Sky+ where you dont have to remember to record stuff!) for regular UK TV watchers.
Thanks for the replies.

I think some people have had success using the Hulu.com plugin from outside the USA, using a proxy, so I'll look in to that.

Is the BBC application a xbmc plugin or script?

Thanks!
plugin
Damn free loaders, the UK public are paying for this bbci player. Anyways thanks for the plugin I'll take a look (might be an idea for the xbmc team to rip that part of tyhe boxee code for those sorts of web services..... *cough*
Hi there,

Thanks for the great script. I can get it to scrape the list of programmes available and start a stream, however all the streams are constantly buffering. It will play sucessfully for 20 seconds or so and then buffer for 20 seconds.

Any ideas..? I'm on a T3CH build of Atlantis 2.

I altered all the video caches to 4096 but its still buffering every 20-30 seconds..

Thanks
Rolf
Death-Axe Wrote:Damn free loaders, the UK public are paying for this bbci player...

i couldn't give a **ss what anyone else manages to get, as long as they don't shut down iplayer service (which was rumoured..)

anyway.. i understand resuming streams is a problem ( Sad ), but any progress on making rewind work?
whenever i forget im watching iplayer and try to rewind, it goes into stutter-mess and i have to stop.
:/
kangarolf Wrote:Hi there,
all the streams are constantly buffering. It will play sucessfully for 20 seconds or so and then buffer for 20 seconds.

I altered all the video caches to 4096 but its still buffering every 20-30 seconds.

Do the same programmes play without buffering using the iPlayer website, on a PC? If possible check both xbmc and iplayer website at a similar time, and use the same internet connection (wireless, wired, whatever). It would rule out problems unrelated to xbmc eg. problems with your connection bandwidth, lost packets, the server you're streaming from etc.

I believe the video cache settings are not for the player core the iplayer plugin, and there is no way to configure the cache size.
kangarolf Wrote:Hi there,

Thanks for the great script. I can get it to scrape the list of programmes available and start a stream, however all the streams are constantly buffering. It will play sucessfully for 20 seconds or so and then buffer for 20 seconds.

I altered all the video caches to 4096 but its still buffering every 20-30 seconds..

Thanks
Rolf

All that Frosty has said plus you changed your posting to fixed then back to broken again. What happened? Did the iplayer plugin work for a time and then stop working?
I thought it had worked when I changed the cache size but it was still buffering I just didnt watch it long enough.

I was trying to watch the Wales v Scotland game, I watched it all the way through on the web embedded iplayer from the site without any issues straight after.

I have tried various programmes from various folders and they all have the same issue though the time between buffering changes.

Thanks
Rolf
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?7