Problems on AMD64 vs i386
First: LOVE this port, can't thank ya'll enough. Been a huge fan since the XBMP days, and this is something I've been hoping for.

Second: I've successfully built & tested XBMC on an older i386 kubuntu machine & fallen in love (even at such an early stage). I'd like to see performance on my newer AMD64 based desktop, however there are some issues. I can't install or find an AMD64 version of libsdl-stretch-dev and therefor can't build.

I know it's early on, so I'm game to wait... but has anyone figured this out on a (k)ubuntu feisty machine?

Trying to build the library from source fails out based on some assembly complaint. (explaining why conanical ain't offering it for AMD64)

Out of desperation I even tried copying my build from the i386 machine, only to get complants about inability to find the libraries (duh!, had to try though).
-Rupert
You shouldn't need sdlstretch for an opengl build. It may require commenting out some stuff in guiimage.cpp (includes probably) and/or graphiccontext.cpp. Both in guilib.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

With the new ./configure system in place libstretch is not used when using OpenGL.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems on AMD64 vs i3860