update kodi in kodi
Hi

Why can you not up-date kodi in Kodi to the latest version.
After all the version of xbmc to kodi and now we are at 16.1 soon 17.00, I can not believe that ether in Systems or Programs that you can not download and update to the latest version? instead you have to come out of kodi go to a browser come to the kodi web-site and download form there?

I get a pop-up massage saying (there is a new version of Kodi, go to kodi .tv) then you press KO and the massage goes off why can it not give you the option to up-date to the new version ??

please reply

regards
Chris
There are situations when you don't want to.

For example if you use a shared MySQL database across devices, as all devices need to be on the same major version. Not all devices may have updates available at the same time, especially those running OpenElec/LibreElec or OSMC.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
not reliable to do an update from a running app in android.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-04-25, 18:11)chrisdragon Wrote: Hi

Why can you not up-date kodi in Kodi to the latest version.
After all the version of xbmc to kodi and now we are at 16.1 soon 17.00, I can not believe that ether in Systems or Programs that you can not download and update to the latest version? instead you have to come out of kodi go to a browser come to the kodi web-site and download form there?

I get a pop-up massage saying (there is a new version of Kodi, go to kodi .tv) then you press KO and the massage goes off why can it not give you the option to up-date to the new version ??

please reply

regards
Chris

Why not just let Google Play update it automatically?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
update kodi in kodi0