• 5(current)
3D guilib (rotatex and rotatey animation effects like coverflow)?
Hmm... It really doesn't look like the edge benefited from AA.

Could there be a problem between the aliasing of the alpha channel conflicting with the polygon antialiasing?
Maybe try increasing the size of the frame the polygon (the image control) and edit the image to avoid the edges?

It could just be that one pixel lines like that wont benefit from AA.
it's just as far as i can see the pc (no AA) and xbox(AA) versions of the frames are pixel for pixel identical, wheras on the covers themselves u can clearly see the effect and it's a definite reduction/elimination of jaggies.
The Frame has an alpha-blended edge, thus it doesn't benefit at all from edge AA.

Instead, it's being bilinear filtered just like every other texture. As the image itself consists of a couple of pixels (1 pixel for the white I think) width, bilinear filtering doesn't do a very good job.

Probably making the image twice as big would probably do the trick.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thumbs Up 
Jezz_X Wrote:720p http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/2300/...081gr0.png
4x3 http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5741/...078ed4.png
The 4:3 looks really great, however would it not look better if 16:9 had four covers on each side of the middle cover so that the aspect-ratio of each of the cover-background match the aspect-ratio of the cover (as it already does in 4:3 mode)?

Rolleyes
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Like this:
Click for Large image
Click here for 3D_CoverView.xml

/Tomas
Thumbs Up 
watzen Wrote:Like this:
Yes though maybe even a little less left and right margins on the cover sides, again like in this 4:3 screenshot:
Is it possible to remove the jaggies?
The smaller covers look better in my opinion but it is only my personal liking.

Maybe adding the cd case from this thread would look nice...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=27454

I know it is no real 3d model with depth only a flat texture but maybe it looks goodHuh
Just some small observations from using this today.

1. It looks amazing, I nearly can't believe the level of slickness.

2. When scrolling through a biiiiiig long list of things the animation looks kind of er, well for want of a better word, spazzy. It'd be cool if when scrolling fast something less weird looking could happen.

3. Again, mind-blowing levels of coolness.
Fast scrolling through a big list will cause most of the animation to cease, and the images will simply update.

Nothing we can do about that. Also, it's mostly limited at that point to the speed it is spooling the thumbs off disc.

watzen Wrote:Like this:
Click for Large image
Click here for 3D_CoverView.xml

/Tomas
I was about to celebrate that some one saved me some time (yes I do plan on doing this proper for 16x9 sometime) I downladed this one and notice a few grphical errors with it like the covers go outside the background if you have a really wide cover. And the the last icon on the left is wrong if they move right
Oh and like they said just a little too much gap in the middle
it's not actually that the animation ceases, infact that'd be preferable, the problem is the animation makes the middle cover look like its jumping up and down slightly over and over.
ah, no edit, sorry I should of said this was actually on a folder with very little cover-art available so most of the time it was empty frames I was watching animate.
Jezz_X Wrote:I was about to celebrate that some one saved me some time (yes I do plan on doing this proper for 16x9 sometime) I downladed this one and notice a few grphical errors with it like the covers go outside the background if you have a really wide cover. And the the last icon on the left is wrong if they move right
Oh and like they said just a little too much gap in the middle

It's really is a b*tch if you find an error once your done... soo many places to change.
Will post a better one tomorrow. Without <keepaspectratio> on the covers.
Btw, what does the border="" on <texture> actually do? could'nt find anything on the wiki.

/Tomas
Quote:It's really is a b*tch if you find an error once your done... soo many places to change.

Learn sed Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D guilib (rotatex and rotatey animation effects like coverflow)?0