Vote for XBMC in SourceForge.net 2007 Community Choice Awards
Star 
Team-XBMC has just received news that the XBMC (Xbox Media Center) project has been nominated as a SourceForge.net 2007 Community Choice Awards (CCA) finalist in no less than six categories. This is the second annual SourceForge CCA - last year the XBMC project won two of the categories; "best multimedia project" and "best game project". If you are a registered user on SourceForge.net (registration is free) then you have until July 20th (2007) to vote for the XBMC project in one or more categories. The winning projects will be announced at the SourceForge CCA party on July 26th (2007) during OSCON at the Jupiter Hotel in Portland, Oregon. The winners will also be posted on the SourceForge.net website before July 30th (2007). The prize: 'bragging rights' and the SourceForge.net CCA logo on the SourceForge.net XBMC project page.

The XBMC project has been nominated as a finalist in these categories:
- Best Project
- Best User Support
- Best Technical Design
- Best Project for Multimedia
- Most Collaborative Project
- Best Project for Gamers *

Registered SourceForge.net users can submit their votes for the XBMC project here (link). Team-XBMC would love if all XBMC fans would vote for the XBMC project in all categories in which we are nominated with the exception of the "Best Project for Gamers" category, as Team-XBMC does not consider this an appropriate category for this project.

Signed / Team-XBMC
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Nominated in six categories... awesome! Laugh
Here WE GO!

Thanks to everyone that nominated us!
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Thumbs Up 
Great, just created an acount on sourceforge to vote.

You guys deserve a big price.
Great program, which i enjoy almost every day.

Tnx!
I just had to dig out my old Sourceforge details as it's been ages since I used it...

Voted for XBMC in all the nominated categories... XBMC is a major part of my home automation/entertainment project. I used to use a Pinnacle Showcenter but XBMC beats it hands down... better hardware, better programming and LOADS better design and it keeps getting better. I just hope that XBMC is available on another platform eventually as my xboxes can't last forever. Sad

Good luck Team-XBMC. I'm sure you will win again Nod
Today is the last day to vote, so if you haven't voted yet, please do!

http://sourceforge.net/awards/cca/vote.php

Take 5 mins to support XBMC if you use it!

I just checked at SourceForge The results are in:
XBMC did not win in any categories Sad
results here SourceForge.net: Community Landing Page
My systems
xbox v1.4 160gig Seagate XBMC
xbox v1.6 80 gig Western Digital XBMC
Just got Internet back, sorry I didn't get a chance to vote.

But I think we all know XBMC is a pretty special thing, it's the only reason a lot of people own a n XBOX.
That is nuts.. the results have to be rigged. Where's the paper trail?
It's a pity that XBMC didn't get an award this year. It would have been nice if they had won the Best Project For Multimedia for the second year in a row. However, the winner is a good project (Audacity) and a product that I use regularly.

Andy
MartinC Wrote:But I think we all know XBMC is a pretty special thing, it's the only reason a lot of people own a n XBOX.

I have to agree with this. I bought my XBOX last month for running XBMC on it. The fact that it plays games is a secondary matter.
Sad 
And we have 11 winners!

Best Project
7-Zip

Best New Project
eMule en Launchy

Best Tool or Utility for Developers
TortoiseSVN

Best Project for the Enterprise
Firebird

Best Project for Gamers
ScummVM

Best Project for Multimedia
Audacity

Best Project for Communications
phpBB

Best User Support
Firebird

Best Technical Design
7-Zip

Most Collaborative Project
Azureus

Best Tool or Utility for SysAdmins
phpMyAdmin

But I miss my big favorite. How in the world is it possible that a application like Audacity (never heard of it before) has a bigger community than Xbox Media Center? I don't trust this results at all. No

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vote for XBMC in SourceForge.net 2007 Community Choice Awards0