Twonkymedia on linux NAS not detected by XBMC via UPNP
I have installed Twonkymedia 4.4 on my Windows XP machine. Streaming via UPNP protocol to XBMC works without any problems.
Furthermore I have installed Twonkymedia 4.4 on my Asus Router WL500g Premium (modified linux Firmware from 'OLEG' and an external harddisk directly connected to the router). A special twonkymedia linux version for the router can be downloaded from Twonkyvision homepage. But in this case Twonkymedia will not be detected by XBMC. Another Media Device I own (Telegent TG100 Media Center) detects the router installed version without any problems. Is someone here sucessfully operating Twonky on any linux based NAS with XBMC using UPNP protocol? Please, I need help...
it all depends on if it listens to unicasts too. we can't do proper multicasts.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Could you please explain this a bit more detailed? PC and Xbox both are connected via ethernet cabel to the router. XBMC recognizes Twonkymedia installed on PC but not the version installed at the router. As I said before, another device I use recognizez both UPNP connections, even when both Twonkymedia instances run simultaneously.
HI All,
Can anyone offer some tips on getting Upnp to work? I have Twonky (UPnP server) running on my Dlink NAS and cannot see the server with my 3 XBMC machines. I have setup smb shortcuts which is ok, but want the dynamic advantages of UPnP...my Denon AVR43206 interacts with it fine, and I also tried installing Windows Media Connect on a pc but it also wont show up on Xboxs...

With sources.xml, I have just used: upnp://192.168.1.103:9000 as the shortcut...
there are a few different ranges of ip adresses, some are unicast some are multicast. mutlicast is generally for sending data to multiple recepients at the same time.

upnp mandates the use of multicast for upnp communications, the xbox can't send multicast, so we send unicast (or actually broadcast). if the device follows upnp guidlines strictly and only accept data when it receives a proper multicast, the xbox won't work.

you have to check with twonky about this.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

The reason why not all third-party UPnP-servers work with XBMC for Xbox is explained in the wiki here (link) .

So like elupus said, you will need to report this issue to TwonkyMedia and get them to add broadcast support.
I reported this broadcat need to Twonky support..
I have same problems with Twonky 4.4.3 MediaServer and XBMC feb-2008.
Sometimes the server is discovered sometimes not.
When it's visible, the Filetrees (folder setc) are not returning anything.. epmty..
Try the 4.4.4 RC3

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4729

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Twonkymedia on linux NAS not detected by XBMC via UPNP0