Req More use cases for CEC module / PVR recording oddities
As some of you know I'm totally into PVR and boy I got some situation that really gets me....

I'm using a pulse eight CEC adapter to have my htpc control the volume, put the tv/receiver on/off and it works like a charm!
Also standby works like a charm... and now the following situation comes into play.

When you want to record a programme and put your setup into standby it wakes up the htpc up nicely just as it should!
However if you have one of these adapters connected it also wakes up the receiver and tv.... resulting in a not so nice waking up in the middle of the night... and I have a small apartment so yeah no ideal.

Also it starts playing PVR which it shouldn't... which causes the htpc not going into standby after the recording is finished.
You could circumvent this behaviour by not having it autostart PVR on start, but only in this situation I don't want it to autostart.

It also logs why the htpc wakes up in kodi so the cause is known... can't we just add some case like if it's an recording it shouldn't turn on anything connected to CEC and preferably not start PVR playing?

For the life of me I can't get the standby situation to work quite like I want, is this a bug, feature request or can't I simply not find it with the search?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More use cases for CEC module / PVR recording oddities0