Web Interface for XBMC that is specifically designed and sized for the iPhone?
Lightbulb 
Hi all. Love XBMC - keep up the great work.

Pointed the iPhone browser at my xbmc tonight and it worked (of course) as expected. I was thinking it would be great to have an option for the browser to serve up pages at or close to the phone's native resolution versus having zoom in. This would be a great (and I think easy to implement) touchscreen remote control option.

On the settings page where we enable the browser, how about adding an option to select what size/resolution the pages get served at? A 480x320 option for the iPhone, and maybe a 480x272 for the PSP in addition to the standard/PC option?
How about you do up the web server the way you want it, and if it works well, I'm sure it'll be included.

It's not something that anyone on the team has any time for, unless you're donating a few iPhones ofcourse!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Information 
Check out mobileXBMC, you can modify that one a little bit.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...mobilexbmc
Lightbulb 
I was thinking of developing a remote control (sort of) on the iPhone for XBMC. I tried out a few, but they seem to be a bit slow and buggy. Having an iPhone available, and a great Media Center PC running XBMC, I decided to make my own.

The mockups are below. Let me know if I should make any changes to the interface, otherwise I'll get started with the coding.

These mockups are only for the landscape mode remote control. The library browsing interface will be posted soon.

Normal:

Tap once on the play/pause button to play/pause.
Paused:

Drag the play/pause button right to fast-forward, left to rewind. The speed depends on how far you drag it.
Fast Forward:

Rewind:

Slide your finger along the circular track outside the play/pause button to change the volume.
Volume:

Tap the album art to see the rating, next track, and links to library.
Now Playing Mode:
Now someone is starting to think outside the box Smile How about some accelerometer action too.
Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac. So I can only make a web based application. And web based applications cannot detect any less than a 90-degree orientation change. So the landscape controls and portrait media browser is as far as it goes.

Of course, should anyone else wish to use the created web app and convert it to an iPhone app, they can probably add accelerometer functionality.
have you tried XMBC Remote (itunes link)?. Seems to do everything needed.
ctawn Wrote:have you tried XBMC Remote (itunes link)?. Seems to do everything needed.

function != form
lol @ davilla... most people do != understand != ;-)

but to the point, true, however i would say that xbmc remote does not suck in the form department. subjective, true.
Have you seen this:

http://tlrobinson.net/projects/xbmciphone/

I used it for a little while. It worked fairly well, though seemed a bit unfinished. With a bit of work it could probably be really good.

Personally I don't use it any more, and I now use the XBMC remote app, which is brilliant!
Very cool. I've been using the remote from collect3 for some time, but am always on the lookout for something new!
-stoli-
After reading the responses here, I feel I must clarify a few things.

First: This is *NOT* an app. It is a *web* interface sized for the iPhone. It is served by XBMC, not installed on the iPhone.

Second: This is not a replacement of the collect3 XBMC remote. That remote lets you completely control XBMC, this one is just a remote.
This remote has only two tasks: view the current playlist, and quickly play/pause, seek etc. the currently playing track, or move to the next track. Anything beyond that can be done from the computer hosting XBMC, or from the XBMC remote app by collect3.
After reading the responses here, I feel I must clarify a few things.

First: This is *NOT* an app. It is a *web* interface sized for the iPhone. It is served by XBMC, not installed on the iPhone.

Second: This is not a replacement of the collect3 XBMC remote. That remote lets you completely control XBMC, this one is just a remote.
This remote has only two tasks: view the current playlist, and quickly play/pause, seek etc. the currently playing track, or move to the next track. Anything beyond that can be done from the computer hosting XBMC, or from the XBMC remote app by collect3.
You might be interested to know that the asp based webserver is going to be changed to a lighter variant, the new one is based on js, ajax or whatever feed by data from json.

track ticket #8072
and here is a sample of the new webpage sourcecode

I'll branch very soon which will make it easier to try, would be sad if you wasted time on making a great interface on something that changes soon Smile

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Interface for XBMC that is specifically designed and sized for the iPhone?0