[WIP] Zest - a new skin for XBMC
Hi Guys,

I wanted to start working on a fresh skin, whilst Pandora is under construction. I am more than capable to do the graphic work, but have no inclination to learn xml coding in order to make this work.

Therefore, I am hoping that there are some experienced xml people out there who would like to join up with me to get this skin up and running. I will be relying on you to tell me what you want, what size, when you want it, etc. I am on hand to get this running..

...so if you want in, then please pm me.

Here are the mockups of what I had in mind:

That is about it for now...hopefully it would be fairly easy skin to get going and work on, due to there being no greatly complicated graphics to deal with. Ok, with no lack of respect, I would prefer experienced xml people, as I would like this to begin sooner rather than later.

PM me if interested.

Thanks

Jyra
that missing image was this one...

I love the tone of the skin. However the simple white text lists looks abit plain sorta. They'd need some sort of border on the side they are aligned to, wich also shows where the list ends on the top and bottom.

just imho
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

well it could definately be a work in progress...I'm just really excited about it and what to get started soon
ok...looked at the list thing and came up with the following. I didnt want anything too flashy...simple is the name of the game with this one.

No offence, but I prefer the Pandora skin, hope it will arrive soon.
One thing I hope you don't cut out from Pandora is the tracklisting on album view in music. I've never seen that in any other skin, and maybe it's not even possible to execute, but it looks stunning and provides superb information while scrolling through albums.Cool
...and maybe even an alternative to the above album list.

Wreezig...thats cool mate, Pandora will be out but it's going to take a while. Everyone has thier own tastes!
looks alot nicer. another option could be to just have the [ part of the [], it just let the lines on top and bottom fade out, so you only have half a rectangle.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

amended...but didnt like the fade idea...not just yet anyway
Jyra Wrote:that missing image was this one...

Funny, i had kinda the same idea for Vinci Smile

Nice mockups, feels very 'summer'. You could create a tone for every season Wink
You should grab me on ICQ...I added you. I have that very thought about the seasons.

I like your ideas by the way.
You might want to be careful about using fonts as the main graphical elements. It can be hard to predict how well they behave in other languages.
not sure...do you mean, as in English? I was thinking about using only Windows-based fonts...if thats of any help
i think he means [photos] in polish might be 10 - 12 letters long or what ever!!!!
Ahhh ok...well not a lot I can do about that, as I want a textual skin....the polish might not be able to use it Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Zest - a new skin for XBMC0