Any way to select songs via IR codes?
hi. i want to use my pronto pro to select mp3 files to play without having to turn the tv on and navigate via the xbox remote control. i was hoping to use supernudelist to generate pronto screens for artist/album/track list, then have song selection translate to a sequence of ir codes that xbmc would then use to select the album / song.

forgetting the pronto side, to achieve this i would need to be able to go into mymusic, then enter a, lets say, 6 digit ir code (2 for artist, 2 for album and 2 for track - e.g. 040107) and have xbmc select the 4th artist, 1st album, 7th track from the "my music" list. or to create a flat list of all songs and number them sequentially (e.g. play the 542nd song wen all artist/albums and songs are flattened). the numbering scheme woudn't matter cos it would be hidden.

can anyone suggest how i might do this.

thanks in advance.
brad.
can't be done as far as i can see, unless you got ambitious enough to write your own python script to do it.
Always ensure that you read the faq and the online manual before posting support requests.

This post was brought to you by the fine folks at the Heineken Brewing Company.
about the closest thing you'll get is to use your remote to control something else which would then tell xbmc what to play via its http api.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i'm happy enough to give it a go with python.

maybe the easiest way is to have a macro on my pronto to "enter jukebox mode". this would send an ir code to run a python script that continuously accepted 3-4 ir digits and was just a big 'switch' statement where each code mapped to a song. the script could read a text file for the song list.

i'd prefer it was more 'integrated' with xbmc, so is it possible to have a script running all the time that detected when xbmc was in "my music" and handled the processing of numeric ir codes to select songs?

thanks for your help. much appreciated.
brad.
its not going to work. assuming xbmc accepts the ir codes you are sending it, they are going to be interpretted as navigation controls. and yes, python too.

like i said earlier, the best you can do is use something else which will interpret ir codes (girder on your pc maybe?) and then tell xbmc what to play via http.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
if you've got a pocketpc with wifi, then you could run it as a "secondary pronto" and just navigate your library via the html interface. ie use the pronto to actually control the devices and use the pocketpc to control the tracks. this seems to be the easiest solution, although it involves juggling two remotes
Always ensure that you read the faq and the online manual before posting support requests.

This post was brought to you by the fine folks at the Heineken Brewing Company.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to select songs via IR codes?0