FTP-Client code built-into XBMC for streaming
(tonyjon @ may 12 2004,14:36 Wrote:
(butcher @ april 22 2004,17:45 Wrote:there's a patch for streaming from ftp on sourceforge, however it's unlikely to be integrated till after 1.0.
do you have a link to this patch? i have been unable to find it on sourceforge.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581840 <= note that it's of couse source code and not a binary add-on-patch
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
where is the xbox to xbox function in xbmc. i went to transfer some movies from my xbox to my friends, and we had to go back to avalaunch. drove me :nuts:

in order to do what butcher is talking about you have to have the two xboxes on a router with a pc. too much hassle! :veryangry:

also avas ftp transfers are too slow, with xbmc i get 50mbps upload from pc to xbox.
reading must be magical or something, it's how i find all da anwsers!
------
Ubuntu 8.10 (64bit) | AMD Sempron 2600+ | ATi 2400HD Pro | Asus AE1 Barebone ---- Ubuntu 9.04RC (64bit) | AMD 5000+ | BIOSTAR TA790GX XE w/ ATi 3300
i don't think it would be difficult to add this feature into my files. the ftp protocols are already in place, and so is the file browsing. i'd say it would be easiest to make an extra option on the white button menu to change to remote and then use the keyboard to enter an addy and such.

this would make it easy to transfer from xbox to xbox, or even to fully transfer files from a pc to the xbox.

avalaunch has this implemented, so this could easily be borrowed from their source.
just wondering if xbmc is going to support client side of ftp in near future and ftps?
i want this too. shared folders with samba are more restrictive, so i'd rather use the ftp server on my pc sometimes. not to mention it would be nice for xbox to xbox transfers.
please can xbmc act as a ftp client to stream files from the internet (stored on a ftp server)....
thanks for a great app btw.

i would like to se a way to stream media from a ftp server like we do now with samba.

like ftp://user:[email protected]:21/

if this would be possible i could stream the mp3, avi and all the media files straight from my ftp server on the internet to my xbox.

is this something that could be implemented?
is there anybody else that would like this feature?

thanks
flicker
that would require an ftp client
would like to see it thought for xbox-xbox transfers
actually there is a patch for this on sf, however the author has gone lost, and as such we haven't taken a look at it. it probably doesn't work with current cvs as many changes has been made since that patch was added.

would be nice if somebody took up on fixing it up to current cvs + more fixes. currently nobody on the team has time. other priorities.

elupus
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

sure hope someone takes this up and makes it compatable with current cvs, but also it could just work... has anyone tried to apply the patch and see what happens?

i think this feature would make a world of difference to many people.
Exclamation 
it could be really great to add a ftp client directly in xbmc ... wich can run while watching a movie, or listenning music for exemple ... :idea:

not a great idea ? Nod
Sad 
(seb.26 @ jan. 26 2005,15:43 Wrote::idea: not a great idea ? Nod
not an original idea anyway, merging into existing thread. please search before posting, it is a furum rule, don't let it happen again or you will get an official warning!
i will ... try to ... Blush
this would be awesome, expecially for those like myself that have multible dir for the same thing merged as one, like 5 movie dir/, but all merged into the one, seeing as xbmc dont support that method yet, then this would be awesome if it streamed media straight from an ftpd
are any devs looking at this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTP-Client code built-into XBMC for streaming0