FTP-Client code built-into XBMC for streaming
(flicker @ may 11 2005,09:43 Wrote:any update on this?
yep! thanks to a few people in the irc channel i was able to get this patch to run, and man, it runs well. the new instructions that were included with the package made it a lot easier for someone with less experience with programming to get this patch installed sucsessfully.

it's pretty easy to add shares with this patch, and it seems quite stable so far, i have not had one problem connecting to any of my ftp servers. :thumbsup:

thanks again for the help, it's quite nice not having to switch rooms to use an ftp. :thumbsup:

i have one request, i'm not sure how much work it is, but i hope it is not too much trouble. would updating the rar support patch to the latest cvs specs be too much work? to be able to download & extract locally would be just :kickass:

i hope you guys will give this some thought! i tried to look throught the patch myself but i'm way too noob to understand it all in one day :lookaround:

thanks again for the help!
woohhooo... this is some great news...
just to clarify... can i now add a share to my music like this ftp://username:[email protected]:21 and stream music straight to the player like it's done in samba shares?

and is there a way for developers to add this patch to cvs?
(flicker @ may 12 2005,14:42 Wrote:woohhooo... this is some great news...
just to clarify... can i now add a share to my music like this ftp://username:[email protected]:21 and stream music straight to the player like it's done in samba shares?

well, i'm not sure if that is possible, this patch seems to only add shares in the file manager window, and only in the root of that as well. maybe with a little more progress, this feature would be possible.
k... that would be awesome... i really appreciate the hard work you're putting in to this patch...
if you could make it like the samba shares then i would be in heaven... :d
(sureshot @ may 12 2005,16:47 Wrote:

well, i'm not sure if that is possible, this patch seems to only add shares in the file manager window, and only in the root of that as well. maybe with a little more progress, this feature would be possible.
that's not true. you're able to add ftp shares not only to the file manager but also to my music, my video and my programs. and there's no problem playing back an audio or video file directly from a ftp share. however you should use a local ftp server with a lan connection otherwise it may be a bit slow. nevertheless it works :kickass:
(arabold @ may 13 2005,06:17 Wrote:
(sureshot @ may 12 2005,16:47 Wrote:

that's not true. you're able to add ftp shares not only to the file manager but also to my music, my video and my programs. and there's no problem playing back an audio or video file directly from a ftp share. however you should use a local ftp server with a lan connection otherwise it may be a bit slow. nevertheless it works :kickass:
:o my bad, i wasnt aware of the other shares. good to know, definately. :d

i can say one thing, i got full speed off of my server :thumbsup: i maxed out at 350kbps as it should, i've also tested it on a couple of other servers with no problems so far!

if you need temporary rar capability, (hopefully the devs will pick that patch back up and give it an update :lol: ) unleashx offers rar support in its file manager, quite easy to use, but a local support would be much nicer.
sureshot can you get stuff to copy off xbox to another xbox.

i can us smb share and get stuff off a pc but wont log on to xbox

and i can use ftp to stream stuff off another xbox, but id like to grab stuff another xbox and it doesnt work for me Sad
can you specify in settings any buffer parameters for this or?
hi
will this be added to cvs?
what has to happen so that it will be added?

can xbmc do xbox to xbox file transfers and if so how fast is it? i am thinking of switching from avalaunch or keeping ava as an app if needed
does xbmc support file tranfer xbox to xbox?

if so can someone point me to a tute fo a post that explains how?

thnx
no it doesn't.

xbmc comes with an ftp server, but no client, so there is no way to do it.

one method uses a pc as a go between, using ftp software, you can connect to both xboxes and transfer between the two although this method is not very efficient.

the best way i know of is to use avalaunch for that sort of thing. it's very easy to set up and lightning fast if you have a direct connection or a good hub.

there is a patch available on sourceforge to add an ftp client to xbmc i believe, but i haven't tried it and it's not supported.
thanks

so do you run avalaunch on both or av on one and an ftp server like xbmc on the other?
run avalaunch on both. then on one of the xboxes, navigate to the filemanager and switch one of the panes to remote view. it should detect the other xbox automatically.
ok i ran patch and you can stream off another xbox o problems at all. but still cant xbox to xbox using filemanager Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTP-Client code built-into XBMC for streaming0