FTP-Client code built-into XBMC for streaming
yeah, sorry about that. i guess i was misinformed, or more likely, didn't read the thread properly.
Thumbs Up 
first of all thanx for the great new xbox autodetection feature...

i realised when trying transfer some file between to xboxes that your are only able to download to your own xbox (the xbox you are using). would it be possible to implement the ability to upload to the other xbox? or is it me just screwing up?

best regards, mou
for me at least, being able to stream media from a ftp server would be incredibly useful.
is it possible to have an ftp stream into cache for example, a video? does the structure of the video file allow for this, or would you have to effectively download the entire file before being able to start? as far as i know this is possible, with the side effect of not being able to seek forward at all/accurately.

many people seem to be after an xbox>xbox streaming, seeing as the ftp server is running by default (hopefully soon to be upgraded too :), this would offer a decent solution without bloat or having to import/convert new libraries.
xbmc has had a ftp client for a few months.

it is admittingly a bit shaky (i had to disable 'remote thumbnails' and remove any .m3u/.pls that was in the dirs) but it works (including full seeking).

see xboxmediacenter.xml for how to set it up.

oh, for the next time, a little bit more research before you post wouldn't hurt...
looking at the xboxmediacenter.xml and changelog now, i realise how stupid a question that was. didn't have access to a box at the time, and missed noticing it in the cvs update when it happened.
i searched the forums for "ftp client" and asked in your irc room instead. got an answer from a voiced guy telling me the client was only very rudimentary and xbox>xbox only.
heh, well that's partly true.

once you've managed to start a file, it will be read using mplayer's built-in ftp client which is rather nice.

but when used in my files only the xbmc-specific code will be used and that is rather shaky.. i don't think most ppl are aware of the change once mplayer is launched..

spiff
good evning.

tried to stream via ftp today, it all loks nice but noting hapens after it starts to cach the file.

i use gene6 ftp server (no ssl). what could be wrong?
just about anything.

you could of course cut down on this if you provide some useful information (a log in debuglevel is a good start, use pastebin.com!Wink
her is my logs
gene 6 transfer log

gene 6 log

xbmc log (debug 0)

hope someone finds something usefull.

Sad 
possible bug in mplayer's libmpdemux/stream_ftp.c (diffs available here)

http://mplayerhq.hu/piperma....l#37786
     http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-de...37786.html
           http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-de...37802.html
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
that, and the fact that g6 is known to have bugs and not stick to the standards.
seems like it returns something unexpected when the client asks to read only parts of a file..

get a proper ftpd. i've tried both proftpd and gftpd, both work splendid (linux, but that's not the point)
before i download every ftp server aviable, can some one recommend a windows client that works and can merge different directoried.

filezilla server for win32
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles...p_id=21558
loto:bak: acording to fililla forum you cant merge catalogs. the only client i have found that can do that is gene6, but sins xbmc dont like gene6 it cant be used.
anyone got raidenftpd to work? will not work for me, is it just me or everyone?

filzilla worked grate and much faster then smb (maby just emagenation) but sins it does not support merge it is not interesting for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTP-Client code built-into XBMC for streaming0