• 23(current)
XBMC Skinning Contest
(onkel bouncy @ july 05 2004,11:29 Wrote:what's about the contest ?
sorry, (i've just been uphead by rl/work), will try to wrap it up this week. could do with some help/advice form the rest of the team Wink

there also the wabidwoveren "issue" (if you can call it that), should his skins be counted as valid contest entries?, if so which skins? Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
if they were submitted before the deadline to the correct address on the server (http://www.xboxmediacenter.it/upload) and they don't violate any of the rules, (e.g. copyright,) then there should be no reason not to include them.

so wabid, which ones fit with the rules? (asking you so it makes it easier for gamester)
(dave_gahan @ july 04 2004,22:14 Wrote:hey webmaster_p, how's the progress coming along? i'm expecting great things from you! :bowdown:
haven't been at my puter the pretty much all weekend
i've been pretty busy with some personal stuff pretty much all last week.

i expect to have another update to the skin tonight
i just bough a condo yesterday, so as you can guess i could not get to working on my skin
but, now the weather is fixed and new version is up on xbox-skins.net

but i have two questions:

when i do a search in imdb, say i search for "lord" [this screen] comes up. as you can see it's not lined up properly, and i can't seem to figure out which xml file controls it. i am starting to doubt that there is such a file. if anyone can confirm my doubts, i am going to go ahead and thow this out in the suggestion forum

is there a way to edit the keyboard?
i've screwed around with dialogkeyboard.xml, but that doesn't seem to affect anything
the file you need to edit is the dialogselect.xml
the dialog keyboard.xml as i know is used only for the recently added media feature, normally for imdb and all the other stuff is used the "virtual keyboard", but anyway i beleave you don't need to change none of them.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
nah you cant change the imdb keyboard yet

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(kotix @ july 08 2004,08:56 Wrote:the file you need to edit is the dialogselect.xml
thanks! i'll fix that tonight
(chokemaniac @ july 08 2004,10:04 Wrote:nah you cant change the imdb keyboard yet
yet? ok, i am guessing that's changing in the future Cool
hey, webmaster_p, great work. the imdb allignment looks much better now!

by the way, that problem with imdb search results also happens with my weather search results.

keep up the good work. Smile
both are controled by dialogselect.xml which is now fixed

i really wish there was a full list of what each xml file does. maybe i'll try to go ahead and create one
i'd like and i hope to see the results of the contest during this weekend.
any news about it?
gamester17 please let us know.
cheers.

XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
Question 
(kotix @ july 09 2004,15:57 Wrote:i'd like and i hope to see the results of the contest during this weekend.
you probebly will, just need to finalize a few thing now (issue with wabid is already sorted), it won't be tonight though (i'm of now for today, l8r)
ok tnx, good to know it
:lol:
(gamester17 @ july 09 2004,16:02 Wrote:(issue with wabid is already sorted)
in favor of wabid, or in favor on the skinners? :p
by no mean do i mean this as an offence to wabid, his concerns were valid
xbmc skinning contest wrap-up

the winners of the xbmc skinning contest has now been finalized, but first we like to offer a public apology for our delay in this decision, (we had some copyright issues to sort out and real-life/work stuff came up too that had to be dealt with first). 15 out the 20 submitted entries has been validated as winners and we like to congratulate the creators of those 15 skins, you can see who they are in the list bellow. know that we do not have a ranking for this contest, there are only winners and non-winners. the winners should contact gamester17 as soon as possible (if they haven't already) with your shipping address so that we can arrange to send one xenium modchip for each valid entry that you submitted, (prizes are courtesy of team-ozxodus and xbox-gear.com).

the winners are (listed here in alphabetic order):
blackblue beos, by leonardo
blackblue classic, by leonardo
fauvism, by alx5962
hifi, by onkel bouncy
oceanic light, by ph03n1x
organic apple, by agentash
project mayhem, by chokeman
reder, by britneyspairs
retro, by floink
simplesimon, by guybrush (a.k.a. kaze-san)
simplified, by pin87a
stylus, by lazyguru
symbol, by kotix
visor, by bobrooney_78
xbmatik, by webmaster_p

non-skinners, please make a donation to help pay for the winners modchip shipping cost.

more info: xbmc skinning contest rules and conditions
wow, thanks xbmc team! this is great!
and now the feature freeze is over, xbmc, the best reason to own an xbox, can only go on and become even greater!
thanks again!
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skinning Contest0