• 26(current)
XBMC Skinning Contest
Rainbow 
just to let you guys know what's going on in the background; i spoke with frodo 2 days ago, he had not sent the modchips to me at that time as he has been restrained to his bed for two weeks (bad back) but he promissed he will do his best to try to send them to me this week.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanx for the update, can't wait for my xenium - got some plans for it... :o can't wait to get started on this new project of mine, if everything goes according to plan i'll have a completely unique box with a custom themed xbmc skin and lcd to go with it... being the modest guy that i am i think it's gonna be shweeet!!! :lol:
Sad 
posted them yet? i'm without an xbox at the moment as i've been waiting for this chip to arrive! i'm missing my media player Sad
aherrrm...? i guess there's no chance in h*ll this could turn into a x3 chip now when they're shipping? :o
(floink @ sep. 25 2004,18:15 Wrote:aherrrm...? i guess there's no chance in h*ll this could turn into a x3 chip now when they're shipping?   :o
nope. since we have the chips already (well frodo has).
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i don't know what happened to the mod-chips, but i hope i get it before the xbox 2 is out.
Confusedleep:
Rainbow 
i talked to frodo last sunday, he had not sent them at that time but promised to send them the next saturday (yesterday) at the latest.
(i have not spoken to him since then so i have no idea if he sent them yet. again i can not do anything other than apploguise and wait).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
ooooh, i can't wait, specially now that os 2 is out proper - for a moment there i thought they'd abandoned us Huh

but it's all ok, at least it will be when i get my chip...
so, are they shipped now?

i'm not sure people would join a contest in the future here, as the prices are not sent after months Sad
Rainbow 
i have not received them from frodo and i have not been able to reach him so i can only guess that he's not send them. it is of course up to you in you don't want to enter future contests, however i don't think it's fair blaming the whole xbmc-team for the acts of one person.
xbmc-team is a team and so the whole team has to assume the problem...
anyway it seems frodo doesn't care at all about the contest prices, but why xbmc-team doesn't try to change that?

we spent days to create our skins, and the least we can expect is a little respect and realistic words.

we can be patient for sure, but 4 months and maybe 5,6,... is too much! if xbmc-team is not able to organize contests correctly just don't do anymore.
(alx5962 @ oct. 07 2004,15:28 Wrote:xbmc-team is a team and so the whole team has to assume the problem...
anyway it seems frodo doesn't care at all about the contest prices, but why xbmc-team doesn't try to change that?

we spent days to create our skins, and the least we can expect is a little respect and realistic words.

we can be patient for sure, but 4 months and maybe 5,6,... is too much!  if xbmc-team is not able to organize contests correctly just don't do anymore.
and what do you suggest to do? Huh
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
alx5962 et al:

we (the xbmc team) are just as concerned about this situation as anybody else is, and i can assure you that every effort is being made to contact frodo and obtain the modchips. we are still waiting for frodo sending the chips to us, and can't unforunately do much about things until they are in our possession.

as soon as we know anything definite we will let you know.

thank you all for the effort you put in to creating the skins.

cheers,
jonathan (xbmc dev)

thank you for the reply,

jmarshall: i'm really happy to read what you wrote, now i feel more optimistic. i just needed some news about this problem and you gave them so now i know someone cares about this contest Smile

hullebulle: i can suggest to find another prize to give, also to be mentionned in the xbmc credits and so at least it will give us some satisfaction.
you know what would make a good alternate prize... an x3
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skinning Contest0